Sticking up for Nick Wheeler

I activated the emotion dampener function so this thread will hopefully stay completely emotionless. ;)

Nick Wheeler:
I know from his history on here that he is a good guy and wants to help.
I know he is not an "crotchety old elitist curmudgeons".
I understood what he meant and agreed with it.
And that's coming from a French Canadian that has to read things multiple times to understand sometimes and even then, don't get everything. :eek:

Why is this snowballing into something so complicated that will end up pushing away another high end smith?

you can tell by my post count that I don't do much posting, but I'm with ya on this Patrice. :thumbup: :D

I have learned from Nick's post and have also seen him help out newbies......

Stick around Wheeler!

Nick is good people.

This thread is for those who wish to post positive thoughts. Lets keep it friendly.

Nick is a gift.

I agree... Page is a curmudgeon.

I understood where Nick was coming from and I also understand how folks could have read into some of the responses as negative. To lose Nick as an active member would be sad, indeed. My stomach dropped when I read his response in the other thread.

DON'T LEAVE US NICKY!!!!!!

Nick has some of the most helpful and informative WIP posts out there. I've learned a ton from him and I sincerely hope he sticks around!

Thanks for the knowledge Nick!

Which one is Nick?
The one on the right or the left?

I am just teasing.
While I have never met Nick in person....he has been a good friend and encouraging to me since the beginning.
When I was just starting out, he stuck up for me and encouraged me to stick with what I was doing.

I'm with Patrice. Nick is huge asset to all knifemakers!

I'm not sure what this is about but I'm with everyone else on this...
I don't know that I've ever had a one on one with him, I can't say that he's ever replied to any of my threads, I do know this...
That from reading his threads, and the comments he makes when other beginners ask for help it's very obvious that this is a genuine person.
Some may call him an asset (which he is), I look to his WIPs (as well as yours Patrice) like an encyclopedia, and would be honored if one day I could call him friend...

Nick is the man. If my vote counts for anything, he'll stick around until I'm in the ground.

I bought a forged blade blank from Nick. He was most gracious and very generous with information.

I have no problem whatsoever with the views Nick put forth.

I've spent a bit of time lurking "Knifemakers" and I applaud Nick for his forthrightness.

I'm keepin' the orange, it'll be truly valid one day, and I'd like Nick to see that.

Back