1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by vashooter, Mar 28, 2006.

1. blgoode

blgoode

Oct 3, 2003
    yoo guys have to STOP giving money to guys then waiting..........I dont take pre payments as most makers I know do not as well.

2. richard j

richard j

Apr 1, 2007
    i agree brian. there has been only 1 time i took payment before getting a knife made. i didnt have any choice either, the guy was bigger than me and made me take the money :D.

3. blgoode

blgoode

Oct 3, 2003
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D too funny!

4. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    there are too many that demand 50% up front before they even begin work still.

there are quite a few that will blow scheduled deadlines, will reluctantly provide you a new date, and even get uppity when suggesting they should START finally...

and more than a handful, that will simply blow the deal, and even demand final payment. even then, you might be 1-2 years out from getting your knife. nice!

the reason? many of us are far too *nice* and patient. don't be. before you give anyone a penny, insist on a deadline, notices. make sure they have your email addresses and phone numbers. and for Groo's sake, the moment they blow a deadline, tell US. every excuse (my dog ate it), should be known. a few or two delay, sure, fine... but a month? uhm, no. a season? no way. a year? eff that.

fight! be uppity back. take your business elsewhere. spill the names so more people don't get burned.

and!!! demand shipping verification/insurance too. several instances of "well, i sent it, you shoulda got it, what's your problem"...

Bladite

5. emmacat

emmacat

Sep 7, 2006
    Darn good points; and yes I was a sucker to pay up front. He did not ask me to, however (he might have asked for a deposit, I don't remember). Since my experience with craftspeople of all kinds has been so good, and since most are working hand-to-mouth, with such "working capital" as a credit card might permit, I thought it would be kind to play Daddy Warbucks and pay up front, because I was fortunate enough to be able to do so.

6. no-one

no-one Banned BANNED

Jun 12, 2009
    Thank God I read these forum posts (yes...all of them), I was seriously considering ordering a knife from this fellow...but not now !

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009