Stranded on a desert Island, which one Becker?

FAL'ER

Basic Member
Just for the sake of conversation, you get stranded, Castaway style, on a desert island. Which one Becker knife that YOU own would you choose to do all your knifery related things?
I'd do a poll but there's too many options now.
So which one would you pick, and why. Remember it's gotta be one you already have in your inventory.

Bonus points for Images.
Winner gets bragging rights.

Last edited:
Well, I already do just about all my knife tasks out in the woods with this one, why would I change to something different on an island? Big chopper but the edge nearest to the handle stays quite sharp even when beating on it, so it’s great for the finer work as well.

zLE6b0Q.jpg

I think everyone knows what my answer will be. Of course, the king. Hard to beat the chopping ability to size/weight ratio, batons like a beast, and does smaller tasks reasonably well.

If I got stranded castaway style, I'd either have a 16 or a 24 in my pocket.
While both will do camp and hunting chores well enough, the 16 is my preference due to the longer handle and more versatile sheath.

edit to add: forgot the picture!
141115_005 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Do I get an axe too ? :D if so this and my BK-10

MFOGurc.jpg

If not then my BK-9 with my bandoleer rig . Do I have to give up on the BK-13 ,storm matches and ferro rod in the sheath ?

Do I get an axe too ? :D if so this and my BK-10

View attachment 1417825

If not then my BK-9 with my bandoleer rig . Do I have to give up on the BK-13 ,storm matches and ferro rod in the sheath ?
No axe, the bk13 fell out when you were treading water, after the crash.
The Ferro rod and matches were still there when you made it to shore!

Last edited:
Well, I already do just about all my knife tasks out in the woods with this one, why would I change to something different on an island? Big chopper but the edge nearest to the handle stays quite sharp even when beating on it, so it’s great for the finer work as well.

zLE6b0Q.jpg

Is that stainless hardware? Looks great!

Stay safe man, praying for all you folks affected by the wildfires.

Is that stainless hardware? Looks great!

Stay safe man, praying for all you folks affected by the wildfires.

Yes, that is stainless hardware, it’s the only upgrade I’ve had to the blade after the stock hardware got rusty. The PNW isn’t friendly to carbon steels, too moist.

As far as which one I'd take that I currently own. I'd probably take the BK7 or BK5. If I was going shopping before ending up on a deserted island I would take hands down the BK21 Reinhardt Kukri. I bought one when they first came out and ended up selling it. It wasnt for me. I liked the lighter weight of the BK4 for my backyard and car camping firepits, but for pure, last forever, survival blade BK 21 for me.

Hmm, my BK-10 is my bugout TEOTWAWKI Becker. Tho I'm recently fond of my de-ramped, choiled 7.
But if it was something I had my belt, it would be the BK-16 (or the Au-17 ;)).

Back