Strider Knives

Anyone still carry your Strider?
I opened some packed boxes today and found three of my old Striders. I think I will carry SJ75 for while.This SJ has a real fine edge, it's a slicer.

I still don't understand why their knives are/were so expensive.
It's a well put together knife for sure....
And a first of its kind...
But really? A Glock sells for less and I think a lot more engineering, machining, etc goes into a Glock/Beretta/SIG etc, so on and so forth

I still don't understand why their knives are/were so expensive.
It's a well put together knife for sure....
And a first of its kind...
But really? A Glock sells for less and I think a lot more engineering, machining, etc goes into a Glock/Beretta/SIG etc, so on and so forth
Todays prices on the exchanges exhibit secondary market inflation- that old supply and demand out of balance thing. Past prices were roughly in line with other small production makers, and supply was never so much that they couldn't maintain the price.

Last edited:
I have owned several strider. Some were good some developed slop in lockup. I actually liked the buck striders better. Better stuff for the money out there for sure.

I remember the strider craze, about 10+ years ago. They were/are overpriced, but so are 99% of knife makers. Custom or small shops being the worst, look at Medford.

I have owned several strider. Some were good some developed slop in lockup. I actually liked the buck striders better. Better stuff for the money out there for sure.
I like the Buck Strider Police model that I have more than the similar sng I got later. The fit and finish on the sng wasn t real good, especially for the money.

When I had the SMF I bought off the exchange; I found that I liked the handle shape and overall design. It felt like a brick in the pocket and didn't have much blade real estate. I would rather carry my XM-24 that I bought recently. I'm not going to say any more about Mick Burgers character that I haven't said before.

I eat burgers. I don’t own them. Blech. Didn’t that chap lie about his service record? If so, there is no coming back from that.

There always has to be a path to redemption. MC Burger has just chosen to flout that path in hopes people will forget.

I think a sincere apology and efforts to show he learned from his errors would have gone a long way.

I like the Buck Strider Police model that I have more than the similar sng I got later. The fit and finish on the sng wasn t real good, especially for the money.
I'm always reminded of someone pointing out that strider basically used a bicycle chainring bolt for their pivots, kinda looks like one. Of course CKF and a few other makers used similar bolts too.
Still makes me laugh thinking about it.

I recently purchased a new SnG on eBay and I’ve used it a lot and like it.

For both good and not so good reasons I view this to be a historically relevant knife and wanted one in my collection.

Plus, I’ve worked really hard for my money and I don’t let others try to tell me how to spend it.

I had purchased and SMF and found it really didn’t hit the spot for me and sold it. I then missed it for my collection so I picked up an SNG with the flag design in the handle. This one I like very much

Back