Stupid is as stupid does....

Kragnut

Gold Member
I was too lazy to move my truck and drag out the table saw so I decided to score and break 2in off my last fence board to get it to fit in nicely. Managed to slice about 2mm off the top of my pinky, clean. Note to self....use a relatively dull blade for this next time, not one the Lansky kit just made sharp enough to shave with.

yAS9axn.jpg

Just imagine how much harder you'd need to work and how much less clean the will be next time if you do use a " relatively dull blade " next time.

I'd say you're lucky it was that sharp.

Should have left the bandaid on... might still have gotten a cut (maybe only a bruise, depending on just how sharp the knife was); but you'd probably still have had a flap to cover the wound. :D

It's no fun being a knife guy with no "war stories" of minor-moderate knife related injuries anyway :cool:
I'm glad it wasn't worse because a missing finger sounds much worse no matter who you are.
I chuckle a little bit at gun & knife shows when I see display cases with band aids next to them.:D

I've cut myself pretty decent before, twice with a knife and once with a drill bit. Eventually you catch on and learn to think about
"hey man if this thing slips??..." or "once this thing goes through, where's it gonna go??" :eek::confused:
You'll find yourself quite a few times attempting a dangerous cut you used to think nothing of not realizing how close to the "edge"
you really were. I'm an advocate of minor to moderate cuts like this every now and again because it makes a much safer knife user in the
long run. Hope you heal well :) Keep it clean and keep ointment on it :thumbsup:

Back