Stupid is as stupid does....

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Kragnut, May 18, 2020.

1. Eversion

Eversion Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Started off with neosporin, then petroleum ointment. Kept it under a bandaid during the day and let it air out at night.

I tend to scar whenever anything breaks skin, though.

2. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    I lost count of the number of times I cut myself about 60 years ago... I was 12 then:oops:. I keep Polysporin on hand.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  3. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard

Feb 28, 2015
    I have had better results with a hydrogel, avoiding petroleum ointments including Neosporin entirely. Also if those are old-school bandaids they suck; they let in dirt but somehow don't breathe. During the active oozing phase try tube gauze with a Coban wrap to keep it clean; that's not waterproof so glove up when needed. Later in the healing process Nexcare waterproof bandages can provide a barrier, but use some hydrogel in the middle to keep the developing skin moist.

000Robert and Eversion like this.
  4. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Not my first and definitely not my last. The running joke at my house if I call my wife to my shop is she always asks the same thing first every time.
    "A Bloody Finger (1).jpg re you bleeding again"?

000Robert and grybsh7 like this.
  5. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Every year I go to BLADE, I see at least three different instances where someone who was inspecting a knife next to me cuts themselves, usually when closing the knife and they get bit. :D

Korean Hog likes this.
  6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Nice! Another battle scar. Chicks dig scars...

grybsh7 likes this.
  7. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    An little known and oft overlooked fact of "life":

You are more likely to get using a dull blade than using a sharp one.

(you have to press harder with the dull blade. When (not "if") the dull blade slips ... you gonna leak mosquito chow. :( )

8. BillZee

BillZee

Apr 30, 2020
    Yeah.....and some people think because we collect knives. We could be dangerous to others. My stupid has been cutting myself with a new knife checking it out.
    Maybe we need a new thread on first aid for knife cuts.

9. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    I've nicked myself a few dozen times over the last 60 years, but the worst was a table saw to the left thumb and a chain saw to the left shin. Both bled more than a little bit.

"They" say you get wiser as you get older but I still keep doing stupid stuff. It's just that the stupid stuff isn't the SAME stupid stuff everytime.

10. cnm123

cnm123 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Nice, Filet of Pinky.