Sturdy red dot sight for shotgun.

Thanks, that is good to know. I put around 45 shells through my 870 and the original stock is a little cumbersome.

Ken, curious to know your thoughts on the NRS. I was thinking about the Knox Spec Op (recoil reduction).

I had the opportunity to fire 870's using both the NRS and the RRS stocks. The most noticeable difference between the two was the muzzle rise on the RRS. While it does reduce felt recoil some it also allows the weapon to have greater muzzle rise. Not sure why but after 25 rounds of 00 buckshot through each I was convinced that the NRS was the better choice. Why? Less muzzle rise with a quicker time on target and no noticeable difference in the amount of recoil felt between the two, well...none that I felt anyway.

Thanks Ken. My shoulder was hurting after the 2 boxes of Federal Gold Medal shells and no one wanted any more of the 870. :D

*Update*

After some time at the range with the shotgun over the past few months I have opted to forego adding an optic. The XS ghost ring sight system seems to be working pretty well for me. I was grouping slugs into 3inch circles at 25 yards.

Glad to hear it. Ya know I think that ghost ring in back is supposed to be fuzzy. ;)

Back