1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Suga Knife

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    14 inch 22 ounce villager fit and finish Suga Knife by Ram Kumar. Double edge. Satisal wood handle. Super sharp edge! $175. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Interesting, very nice lines. Nothing like the Suga I have. Very nice.

3. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    I love my Suga also Mr Joe! I love Ram Kumars take on it!

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    EMS for the Suga Knife. It's an artistic design and the handle looks like it will fit my hand perfectly. Also, at 22 oz it's a pretty robust blade.

By HI standards, 14" is a relatively small knife, but not to the rest of the world. :)

Got the Done Deal. :) :)

5. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Thats awesome! I like the handle shape! I still dont have one!

6. davidf99

Sep 27, 2011
    I think this is the first one of its kind. All the previous (Padam) Suga Knives were very different in the shape of the blade and handle. The Padam Suga Knife has a half-guard and is a lot smaller and lighter weight than this new Suga Knife.

What they have in common is the downward hook at the pommel. Maybe that's what the word "suga" refers to.

Looks like they both have a sharpened swedge, but the new one is long and straight, while the older version is short and upswept.

Here's a Padam Suga Knife, 11" OAL and 15 oz, typical except for the antler handle.

PadamSugaKnife11-antler15oz-01.jpg

7. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Oh man!??? You just had to go and post a picture of one with an Antler Handle. Cheap shot buddy.

My Suga like that (less antler) kind of has a false edge as I recall, have to go hold it, haven't held it for days. I could be wrong but I'll check. I'll also see bout the possibility of hanging some antler on that puppy. Antler is my kryptonite. Just drops me in me tracks.

EricTheRedBeard and George Azar like this.
  8. Forsaken82

Forsaken82 Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    I love it . Im tapped out for a bit though.

9. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    I have a couple of the Padam Suga knives, and as I recall, I think "suga" means "bird", for the bird-like beak on the pommel. But this one is strikingly different in design.

10. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    That is one of the prettiest knives I've seen. I bet it feels great in the hand. Ram Kumar is awesome.

11. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    This blade is really singing to me, but I am biased toward the Padam models.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  12. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Me too cul! I was able to snag a Padam model. Mine has an arrow on it. Do you know who’s mark that is? Bhakkta? I love it!

13. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    As far as I know the Padam Suga Knives were done by Padam Kami.

Here is another on made by Ram Kumar
    20170110_112220_resized.jpg

This one is by Padam
    Suga - new.jpg

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  14. davidf99

Sep 27, 2011
    There's a link near the top of the HI forum web page that provides kami marks for many (not all) of the HI kamis. Bhakta's mark is there: a bow and arrow. This is it:

Bhakta kami mark.jpg

15. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    I found mine. His mark isn’t listed E05892B5-0ABE-4A1F-9A3F-78E4600418C0.jpeg This was mine

16. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    FYI. Padam's mark isn't listed, never was. Some marks are duplicated by different kamis. If you send a pic of the knife in question and a pic of the kamis mark, auntie can usually verify the kamis for you.

George Azar likes this.
  17. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    That is what my Suga looks like. I looked at it last night to see if I could hang antler on it. I like it to good the way it is to try it now. Maybe later.
    I know the kami but I'm blocking at the moment, just looked last night. It's like a candle?
    Hate it when this happens, I'll look again tonight.
    I keep thinking yuvraz but don't recall for sure.

18. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Yuvraj is the candle, but I believe Padam is a vertical arrow mark, literally a line with the pyramid point at the top, when making the Suga knives. I'll take a pic later, I just checked one of my sugas, which I know is a Padam, and the mark is definitely an arrow.

19. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I said earlier my Suga had kind of a false swedge, I was wrong, it's SHARP. Got myself a couple times when it was new as I wasn't used to that.

20. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Yea, I think if I remember correctly, I gifted a suga to a hunting buddy of mine, and he field dressed a deer with it, and he said it was the best, especially with the sharpened top swedge, upswept point, nice big belly, and finger grooves.