Suga Knife

I quite like this new Suga design. Very nice lines. Hope to see a few more of these.

Yea, I think if I remember correctly, I gifted a suga to a hunting buddy of mine, and he field dressed a deer with it, and he said it was the best, especially with the sharpened top swedge, upswept point, nice big belly, and finger grooves.
It seems like I remember you telling that story cul. I can see it really being a great field dressing knife.

I got the Ram Kumar Suga Knife a while ago, but just got around to unpacking it.

This is an amazing knife. First of all, it looks and feels much bigger in person than one would expect for a knife 14" long. It feels more like an 18" knife. The blade width and multiple curves in blade and handle give it more size than the length would imply. The handle is thick, comfortable and very secure in the hand. The swedge is long and sharpened for its full length.

Every detail on this knife is impeccably done, as I've come to expect from Ram kumar. The sheath is one of the finest I've seen from HI, and it fits the blade like a glove.

Apart from the bird-beak hook at the pommel, this knife has almost nothing in common with the Padam Suga model. It's much more like an Ultimate Fighter with a shortened blade and more curved handle. Compare these two pictures:

SugaKnife14in-RamKumar22oz-01-edit.jpg UltimateFighter18-Rajkumar-02-Walnut-edit.jpg

I like it better than the Ultimate Fighter because the shorter length and shaped handle make this new model easier to wield, and its 22 oz weight still gives it plenty of heft. The 1/4" spine thickness extends almost the full length of the blade, and the fat belly section of the blade is also thick, except for the edge bevel and swedge. In short, it's a beast.

Last edited:
Back