Super CAK

That is what I have on order John. And the reason I was hoping you'd find this thread.

You'll need to email Yangdu to get the price.

Bah damn you all and your fantastic looking knives. I sent an e-mail off to inquire. :D It's rather heavy for what I'm looking for, but it's an utterly beautiful looking knife.

John the weight of these knives is hardly an issue once they are in hand. My M-43 feels much much lighter than it is, and From Corp's review such is also true of his super CAK.

All the knives from H.I. are beautiful. The whole crew do an excellent job producing these knives. They look even better when they are in hand.

John the weight of these knives is hardly an issue once they are in hand. My M-43 feels much much lighter than it is, and From Corp's review such is also true of his super CAK.

All the knives from H.I. are beautiful. The whole crew do an excellent job producing these knives. They look even better when they are in hand.

I got an outrageously quick response from Yangdu (was expecting at the very least 24-48 hours... and it was less than 6). She seems to think that based on what I'm looking for, that the S-CAK is probably the best option for me.

I sent another message back to see about pre-ordering or at least getting onto a list to get one as well as to discuss pricing. But she did say that they are out of stock, being worked on, and should become available in November.

So that gives me a little bit of time I suppose. Maybe I'll get something else in the meantime too. :p

But I think you guys have me sold on that one. It's like the M-43... I hear so much great stuff about it that it's hard to pass over.

The M-43 is still my recomendation. I've ordered me one of Sarge's CAK's just to see how it performs beside the M-43.

i think he likes it ;)

a sgt khadka chiruwa dui chirra mated with a foxy folly might be interesting too :)

Bladite

Great review and pix, thank you

Those 2 are easily the best looking blades I have seen, absolutly stunning!!!

Looks like the Super CAK is going from one-of-a-kind to first-of-a-kind.

Excellent. :cool:

Because this means I could get another one. :D

I have one on the way! Can't wait. Was torn between this and a Foxy Folly, but finally settled on this one. The FF is next though.

Ok I got a chance yesterday to put the Super CAK up against my brother's M43.

As of now the results are inconclusive considering:

- Super CAK at 20.25" is a larger khukuri than the M43
- I'm larger and physically stronger than my brother
- He's more familiar with the M43
- I'm more familiar with larger khukuris like the Super CAK

Cutting power:
With him using the M43 and me using the Super CAK it was dead even. I could outcut the M43 a bit but considering the Super CAK is a bigger khukuri and I am a bigger guy than my brother, we agreed to call it a tie for cutting power. We'd really need to get a Super CAK in the 18"-19" range or a 20" M43 to be truly sure but I think the results would still even out.

Handling/agility:
They both snap into the target very well. The M43 being smaller, is a bit faster, so again I'd say a 18"-19" Super CAK would probably match the M43 on speed and agility. This test demonstrated well the importance of familiarity with your blade and technique, as I was better with the Super CAK than I was with the M43, and the reverse was true for my brother.

Having tested both side by side against each other I am confident to say that the Super CAK is an unusual khukuri; it's a strange Chiruwa-Ang Khola-Dui Chirra-Bonecutter hybrid which handles more like its cousin the M43 than it does a standard Chiruwa Ang Khola. Judging them by feel, the Super CAK feels much more like a large M43 than it does a standard 20" Ang Khola

To note: This is the only khukuri in my collection which impressed my M43-worshiping brother "almost" as much as his precious M43.

And I still think I have found the ultimate khukuri ;)

Came out like I thought it would. If you have found even an equal to the M-43 then you have fopund somwthing exceptional indeed. Now a 20" M-43 would be interesting indeed.

I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be an M-43... but then people like Wolf throw some doubt into the mix. I wonder though if the S-CAK holds up because of how hefty it is. The M-43 from the posts from other people seems to be fairly light (20 oz +-). Where the S-CAK seems to be much heavier.

Without handling the two it's hard to tell. I'll probably grab one of each eventually and just run a comparison myself. I'll just have to figure out which to start with. :p

I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be an M-43... but then people like Wolf throw some doubt into the mix. I wonder though if the S-CAK holds up because of how hefty it is. The M-43 from the posts from other people seems to be fairly light (20 oz +-). Where the S-CAK seems to be much heavier.

Without handling the two it's hard to tell. I'll probably grab one of each eventually and just run a comparison myself. I'll just have to figure out which to start with. :p

The SCAK is heavier but it doesn't feel heavier.

I think the SCAK has more percussion to the hit but the M43 has more *slice* to the hit.

I really wouldn't want to be hit by either of them.

Back