• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Super Curly Spalted Maple - New Stabilized Blocks

I just posted a bunch of new stabilized blocks of really curly spalted Maple in our store.
These blocks came from some Maple I got in Bandon Oregon. This Maple was found in a boggy area where they grow cranberries.
The conditions there enabled different fungus to grow in the wood causing these unusual colors.
I cut the wood so it is quarter sawn or really close to give it the most possible strength. That also makes the curly figure have a bold 3 dimensional look. Finally the wood was professionally stabilized by K&G. I got the wood for a reasonable price so I am able to sell these blocks for a reasonable price. The lighter color pieces with good curly figure start at $35 and the darker pieces with super curly figure are $45.

This photo shows the brand new pieces I just added. There are also some left from a couple weeks ago so all together there are a couple dozen really nice blocks to choose from.

Click on the photo to go where they are located in the store.

Last edited:
Back