Surgery Today

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

Different time. Dominant hand thumb. Severed the nerve. 6 years later, still 1/2 the thumb is numb.

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

The offending knife, top one.

IMG_1735.jpg

Awesome pictures! You could write a dr seus children's book on knife safety My numb thumb!

MIke. Sorry brother. I've been ugly for a long time already. At least the scars give me a few stories to share! The "f" u mummy should come off Monday. This sucks!

darn....just got my battle scars by my freshly sharpened pm2. I was cutting paper to test the sharpness, but my finger happened to be behind the paper. As careless as I was I took a nice deep cut to the bone. I cleaned it up real nice and I don't think I need stitches. Thank goodness I didn't sever the nerve. pics later maybe

Finally was able to put to use those free band-aids newgrahamknives gives you when you buy their stuff haha

Last edited:
I had to have my hand wrapped for a few months a while back due to a football injury many years ago. That was really annoying, feel better soon!

Little late to the game Gravelface but good to hear your doing better man. Hope everything heals up without issues.

Les

I'm sure the surgery went well. I read a study in the New Piggy Medical Journal that says surgery recovery is much better when INFI is used in the surgery:). I hope you recover well!

Looks pretty easy compared to when that Thing decided it wanted out of your leg.

Enjoy the time, off, drink one handed, remember that means after the lid comes off, it will not be needed any longer.

This one....

DSC08587.jpg

or

Misc20081055.jpg

or

Misc20081121.jpg

Misc20081120.jpg

Misc20081212.jpg

Ahhh....good times!!!

It has been interesting adjusting to left handed world. writing, brushing teeth, lap top mouse......

Yup, That's the one I was atalkin about.

This one too shall pass.

Gravel, you got some Cool Scars and great stories to go with them, Proud to have you here with us.

Last edited:
I was hit by a roadside bomb in Baghdad A piece of shrapnel hit me in my abdomen and my groin. The piece in my abdomen was slowed down by my ammo pouch with 3 magazines and my OTV It still was able to penetrate just shy of 2 inches. The One went into my groin about 1.5 " to the left of my .....member and came to rest in the center of my thigh. It just missed the femoral artery and stayed there for 3 years. Then one day my thigh started to swell. I went in several times so the doctors could drain it with a giant syringe One occasion they drained about 1750 ml out! Almost a full 2 liter of "fluid".the doc sent me hOme with a "tick" .... Round suction bulb with a stint inserted into my leg I had to pour the contents into a measuring cup every morning and night to track the "discharge" . I caught the drain tube on the edge Of the couch and ripped the stint out..... At this point they decided to go in and get the shrapnel. But after cutting decided it was too deep and stopped the surgery but packed the cut with ribbon. That began to heal but my leg began swelling again and one day split open when I bent over. Wrapped a towel around my leg and drove 21 miles to a good hospital My local one only 2 miles away has a terrible reputation. This time the shrapnel moved far enough they were able to get it. After cleaning out the "cavity" in my thigh it left me with large tracts going north and south. They were unable to stitch any of it up and I had to wound vacuum for several weeks. Some people told me they thought it was a colostomy bag!!!! I will include more photos once my wife sees fit to pay the Internet bill and I can stop using my phone.......

Back