Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

Updates like these are mostly meaningless, as "beginning of 2018' doesn't likely mean the same thing to the people at Survive as it does to the rest of the world and neither do commitments to customers. They've repeatedly proven this disconnect with words like "soon" and "few" and "close" and "improvement", etc.

Updates like these are mostly meaningless, as "beginning of 2018' doesn't likely mean the same thing to the people at Survive as it does to the rest of the world and neither do commitments to customers. They've repeatedly proven this disconnect with words like "soon" and "few" and "close" and "improvement", etc.
We've certainly become a cynical lot ....... For good reason

From March 2018 Production Update:

GSO-4 Limited Preorders will be getting fulfilled once we are further along with fulfilling Preorders from 2015.”

Come on guys, do you not see how funny this is? The fact that they ares till working on "preorders from 2015" should give us some idea of time frame we are looking at before we see our knives. LOL.

I have one of these 4 Limited ordered and really want it so i will hold out for it. But i dont see anything has improved since all of the "big changes" that they promised us months ago.

Last edited:
One improvement is that they stopped taking orders months ago. :thumbsup:
Another is that they outsourced the SK line. :thumbsup:
The big challenge is the very long backlog that they have to work through from back when "their eyes were bigger than their stomach" as my grandma used to say. :D
It seems like they've learned some tough lessons but they still have to deal with the consequences of their impetuous youth (as a company).
(I gave up on tracking the 4 LE because of the many many times that it was "just about ready".)

How has stopping orders improved leads times, and by how much? Of course they did not stop taking them when they said they did there has been plenty of time to see results.

In my view they certainly show no evidence of having learned lessons, apart from the lesson they can still fool some of their customers. On 12/2/17 they claimed they'd be working on large batches of these 4LEs "at the beginning of 2018". 2018 Q1 is drawing to a close. If I, someone who has nothing to do with the company, knew they weren't capable of delivering on that promise, why didn't they know it? What lessons have they learned that allow them to continue to fail like this?

Remember that this is a knife they thought they'd have done in 4 months but padded the lead time to 6 to give themselves plenty of runway. There are people who've been waiting more than a year.

They aren't delivering because they can't. They haven't learned lessons, because they can't.

How has stopping orders improved leads times, and by how much? Of course they did not stop taking them when they said they did there has been plenty of time to see results.

In my view they certainly show no evidence of having learned lessons, apart from the lesson they can still fool some of their customers. On 12/2/17 they claimed they'd be working on large batches of these 4LEs "at the beginning of 2018". 2018 Q1 is drawing to a close. If I, someone who has nothing to do with the company, knew they weren't capable of delivering on that promise, why didn't they know it? What lessons have they learned that allow them to continue to fail like this?

Remember that this is a knife they thought they'd have done in 4 months but padded the lead time to 6 to give themselves plenty of runway. There are people who've been waiting more than a year.

They aren't delivering because they can't. They haven't learned lessons, because they can't.

To play Angel's advocate, By no longer taking orders and only doing existing orders, it cut's off the claim of (currently) running a pyramid racket. Think of the alternative- if they had gone from one to two to three years lead times with money up front AND still taking new orders it would have looked beyond bad to even the most die hard defender.

Claims of a pyramid scheme were always unfounded. The Survive crew can't even know when they can make a knife, running any sort of pyramid scheme is well past their capabilities.

And if any given observer can't already tell things are beyond bad then that observer is blind to the truth of it.

I jumped on the initial offering of their "GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind" with a target date of May 2017.
I'm not oblivious to all the negative posts, but it wasn't a lot of money, so I thought I'd give it a shot. However, I put a one year time limit. I am simply noting 11/9 is one year and I hope as you've said and from the occasional Survive update....they're close. I didn't order a sheath, so in last update Ellie stated those orders should be filled soon.

Has your knife shipped yet? If so, it would inspire confidence in Ellie's statement of "soon" as it has been 5 months since she stated it.

This was for a knife that was estimated by the owner of the company to ship in 4 months, but Ellie padded that to 6, by the way.

I know this information won't make anybody happy, but according to the Survive "Production Schedule" the materials for the 4 LE are in the shop but the preorders are waiting in line with the rest of the previous outstanding preorders. Some of those previous outstanding preorders date back to Spring of 2015.
Any orders for seconds will probably ship earlier since they are only backlogged from approximately March 2017.
Update: I looked back to see when the seconds were offered and it looks like September of 2017, which is just before they stopped taking knife orders entirely.

Bumping thread.
I've been away with other things, but thought I'd check in for any updates. Last post was march and originally I purchased (in advance) with a May'17 target delivery.
Month 21...15 months past target completion

Last edited:
Back