• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the long wait times, even those that paid with a major credit card, and wanting to file a claim for a refund, may find themselves beyond the time limit. That could be just coincidence or strategy.

It is the point .. whether a percentage or full price ... its a paid in advance fee many which are non refundable ... and some aren't even a better quaility knife but just decorative ... and I have seen many custom makers fall way behind their estimated delivery times also ...

and you made my other point for me putting down a product you don't like trying to tell others how they should feel ... if you don't like it ... you're free to not buy it ...

Ive stated over and over both are very good products and both have their own sales practices ... and some people will like or dislike one or both ... but that's the WHOLE point ... it's their choice.

And to call people idiots or incapable because you don't like their process is just ridiculous ... think I've spent enough time on this and people that want everyone to think feel or follow what they do simply because they don't like something ... well I'm sorry ... I'm still a free person and most are and I'll let them chose ... but both are great knives.

It is the point .. whether a percentage or full price ... its a paid in advance fee many which are non refundable ... and some aren't even a better quaility knife but just decorative ... and I have seen many custom makers fall way behind their estimated delivery times also ...

and you made my other point for me putting down a product you don't like trying to tell others how they should feel ... if you don't like it ... you're free to not buy it ...

Ive stated over and over both are very good products and both have their own sales practices ... and some people will like or dislike one or both ... but that's the WHOLE point ... it's their choice.

And to call people idiots or incapable because you don't like their process is just ridiculous ... think I've spent enough time on this and people that want everyone to think feel or follow what they do simply because they don't like something ... well I'm sorry ... I'm still a free person and most are and I'll let them chose ... but both are great knives.

Ok, why doesn't survive just ask for a 25% non-refundable deposit?
Do you honestly feel that their current business practices are in line with other respected companies?

I am calling them idiots and incapable because they haven't demonstrated anything otherwise. When they begin to act in a smart, efficient way, I'll be sure to say so. I'm betting bankruptcy comes first, though, and then all those that have paid in full will be screwed in full.

What the future holds no one knows ... but I personally hope they make it ... I'd rather encourage their dreams then discourage. The same as I would if you started a business related to our common love of knives ... reguardless of your choice of how to run it.

There has to be a reason they get so many orders or they wouldn't have trouble keeping up.

And to be honest if Nathan offered me the opportunity to place an order for a Carothers even paying up front and gave me an estimate of 9 months to a year ... I would gladly take that chance since I can't get free time to participate in the rush sales. And the fact I've seen the quality of his work and I believe that I would in the end receive an amazing knife.

I don't know if you're not reading my full posts or not wanting to see my words ... I understand the frustration with wait times and more realistic estimates would be great ... but at the time the pre orders started there was no promise or even estimate on times ... not even in which models would be released first ... and everyone going in made the choice to encourage Survive of their own free will with that knowledge ... and they still have a great following ... thus why the waits have ran longer. Do I agree with all the choices made ... no ... but there are other companies I don't agree with the way the operate always either ... but it isn't my place to tell others to not like them or to call them idiots.

I wish and hope all the makers and service providers on OUR forums the best and much success ... but understand not everyone can be pleased and thus why there isn't one knife and one maker ... vartiy and differences in our likes and dislikes are what make the world go round.

I haven't heard much bad about the knives but the exact opposite from everyone I know that has gotten one ... and if someone choses they don't want to wait then I don't hold that against them ... anymore then I hold your prefrences against you.

And you've not hurt my feelings in anyway shape or form.

Last edited:
I'm betting bankruptcy comes first, though, and then all those that have paid in full will be screwed in full.

You'll be waiting a long time, because eventually, Survive does deliver knives, I still have two. Wait times are too long for me and their updates just list the steps to completion not any concrete timing, a major source of frustration. The other source is that Survive isn't/won't changing to what a lot of people want Survive to be. Clearly this is how Survive is operating and it would seem they are fully funded for a handful of future items listed in their most recent update.

If you want to order, there are only two options concerning the order you place, wait for your order or request a refund. Frustration aside, this has been the case for years and it's not worth getting aggravated over them not changing.

Ok, why doesn't survive just ask for a 25% non-refundable deposit?
Do you honestly feel that their current business practices are in line with other respected companies?

I am calling them idiots and incapable because they haven't demonstrated anything otherwise. When they begin to act in a smart, efficient way, I'll be sure to say so. I'm betting bankruptcy comes first, though, and then all those that have paid in full will be screwed in full.

Pretty sure that is their current practice on the deposit

The survive! Story kind of bums me out because I've always been curious about them. They appeared to rival busse toughness when they first came out and from my research seemed to be the only ones really using cpm 3v at an affordable price point.

Now they're not, that ship has sailed and a number of reputable makers are using cpm 3v in similar size categories. With their reputation for long long waits, I don't really have an incentive to purchase a survive knife vs the competition. That's capitalism I suppose.

Pretty sure that is their current practice on the deposit
They're asking for a $25 deposit on their SK line, but for the GSO, which is what this thread is about, a person has to pay the full price of the knife and then wait longer than it takes to build a mansion to get one

30 seconds? More like 3 seconds or less...
Ain't nobody got time for that!

I wonder how much total customer monies this guy has in his bank account/spent.would he be able to complete orders without taking more money of new customers if not is this trading insolvent just a question.

Yes their wait time sucks. This and other threads should serve as ample warning about the wait but dang, it sure is worth it to me. Mine has proven to be a cut above the rest. Pun intended.
Tlnh7Ry.jpg

My god cotn, how many times are going to type the same thing? Me personally, my favorite knives are CPK and Survive!

I absolutely hate both their processes for obtaining them. But I have a ton of knives so waiting a few months for one won't hurt me. I have the extra money to pay in full and not worry about it. I also hated when busse had the OTW and some of their knives went way over schedule. I cancelled those.

I agree their business practice sucks but it's an easy decision. Buy your gso on the secondary market and pay what the knife should cost anyway. Or move on.

You'll never sound good calls people names. Even when you're basically correct.

My god cotn, how many times are going to type the same thing? Me personally, my favorite knives are CPK and Survive!

I absolutely hate both their processes for obtaining them. But I have a ton of knives so waiting a few months for one won't hurt me. I have the extra money to pay in full and not worry about it. I also hated when busse had the OTW and some of their knives went way over schedule. I cancelled those.

I agree their business practice sucks but it's an easy decision. Buy your gso on the secondary market and pay what the knife should cost anyway. Or move on.

You'll never sound good calls people names. Even when you're basically correct.
Thanks for your opinion Luke.

These threads have been going for years and Survive isn't changing one iota. Even their production schedule lists A before B before B with no hard dates at all. That's the way they operate and they are not changing and its not even a closely guarded secret anymore, 6-9 months on seconds (90 day quote), 2-3 times shipping quote on everything else. If you don't like it, don't order, cancel you order and move on folks, this horse has been beaten to death.

Reputable or not they make a great product at a bargain basement price. The low low pricing is driving up demand and lengthening shipping reality versus quotes. Easy answer double the prices, drop the demand, production keeps up with lower demand ultimately with shipping time actual closer to quoted.

So how are random people to know about the garbage business practices? They should search the internet before sending their money away, but people rarely do. It is better to just be up front. After years of practice survive can do the right thing, but they don't.

Double the price on a production knife? That is insane. Custom would be less expensive

Is Survive! still in business? They're not answering e-mails and phone calls. Been trying to contact them for the past 2 weeks without luck. Paying for knife upfront and waiting 11 months and they can't even communicate. Pretty frustrating.

Seems they haven't had any activity on Facebook either since June 22nd. Lots of complaints too.

Nothing new with lots of complaints, but there is usually a monthly announcement of how things are changing for the better.......it never does, but the announcements are nice.
I'd hate to see them go dark as a LOT of friends will be out lots of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back