"Survive This", Les Stroud's show airs in the US tonight!

I think I'd be ok with dropping my kids off in the woods if they were with Les.

Agreed, but Les buggers off for the majority of the evening and night. I am sure there are safety failsafes, but for all intents and purposes, the kids are left there to make do with their own wits. I hope they paid good attention to what Les told them.

It is a decent show. A bit draggy at times, but all in all, fun to watch; especially if you have kids or grandchildren who you would like to learn this sort of art. I am just happy Les didn't simply pack it in and disappear, his instruction continues via this new show.

Glenn

ok, since this is bladeforums, anyone identify any of the knives or hatchet used on the first eipsode?

shade

ok, since this is bladeforums, anyone identify any of the knives or hatchet used on the first eipsode?

shade

One of the hatchets was a Timberline Knives Bush Pilot Survival Hatchet I think?

TL6013.jpg

that hatchet looks pretty decent

I couldnt believe that girl got that pocket knife stuck on on her lip. whats up with that.

that hatchet looks pretty decent

I couldnt believe that girl got that pocket knife stuck on on her lip. whats up with that.

That was funny:D. Good thing there's always a medic near by. I like the show so far. There's a camera and safety team there at all times- Obviously because these are kids but they don't get help unless there's an accident or emergency.

what do you think les was doing while she had that thing stuck on her lip. He must have just hung his head and been like oh boy this is going to be a long day.

i dont quite understand how that thing was attached to her lip in the first place!

She was trying to open it with her teeth! She started to open it a little then let it close again and got her lip cought between the blade and the side of inside of the liners/handle.

She was trying to open it with her teeth! She started to open it a little then let it close again and got her lip cought between the blade and the side of inside of the liners/handle.
She probably didn't want to chance breaking a nail! :p

For those that have not seen Episode #1, "Impact", it is scheduled for showing on the cartoon network at 7:30PM ET tonight. I am going to try to watch.

I watched it with my 14 year old daughter and 10 year old son. My daughter was very vocal about Becka the "princess" who got the knife caught on her lip. Actually she was pretty vocal about all of them except the "hunter" girl. I had to keep shutting her up.
The kids enjoyed it and we will make it a regular thing at my house.

I thought that it was well done and informative, for what it was.

I am greatful Bear G didn't get attached to this project.

Very Greatful

I saw the preview a week ago and almost posted about it. I ended up studying last night, so I'll have to try and catch it tonight.

Watched it with my wife last night. I liked it, but the half hour format sucks! We felt like it was just started when it ended!

-- FLIX

I agree, would be nice to have a full hour. Good show non the less.

Anyone catch one of the boys using the saw as a machete to wack limbs off a tree?

I agree, too. I was still waiting for the show to get going when it ended. Maybe next time.

It is coming on tonight as well. CN east 7:30 and CN west at 10:30 Eastern time or 7:30 west coast. Doug

I was watching tonight and said as soon as that girl started to open the folder with her teeth that she was either going to cut herself or catch her lip. I was right on one count. I was also nervous watching them use the hatchet. I was waiting for some other booboo to occur, glad it didn't. I set my machine to copy the series so I don't miss it. I just happened upon the show while looking for something to watch and was pleased to see old Less involved. I will miss his survival show.

Back