Survivors- Your favourite fixed blades.

You can order that Kydex and striker from Battle Horse knives...I had them do a few different variations of the kydex and they kept the patterns so they can make more.. Just give them a call and tel then Brian sent you .
Ask for Alicia or Dave (740) 995-9009

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, thank you Sir.

I came to Bade Forums to find a replacement for my lost mini-grip and realized I have a knife addition I didn't realize I had. Some great resources here and I appreciate your help.

Tin banger I'm jelous!!!! I wanted that production duke!!!

If that ever leaves your possession it needs to be boxed and delivered to my residence. Thank you in advance.

Awesome collection OBX

I reaaaally love the look & size of the old 7/7.
Much more so than the new design tbh.
I think its a shame they extended the blade length.

Since many of the knives grew a bit in the 2015 redesign process I suppose the 7/7 would have been lengthened to keep things in proportion.
I think that it falls nicely in the lineup between the 5.1 and 8.
What was the original tip to scales length?

Ive got a custom in the works that is going to be incredible. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say it will be my first with the Delta 3V.....

:D

Its not a 'model' he's done before..............

theres a good hint

You'd better post pics/info the second that bad boy comes in, ya tease. :D

The Carothers FK and EDC have been mentioned and are almost interchangeable in my top four or five blades. The 3.5 is in there but I've got a feeling the 4.1 might knock that or one of the others out of a top spot.

These two are definitely in my top four though...

I've had this Josh Gallardo for a few months - his "sheepstoe" model. Made of AEB-L steel, with micarta and ironwood bolsters. This thing may be the sharpest knife I own, and I am able to keep it sharp, which is unusual for me (cuz I suck at it). Love this little EDC blade!!!

CwoRLfx.jpg

I've had this Josh Gallardo for a few months - his "sheepstoe" model. Made of AEB-L steel, with micarta and ironwood bolsters. This thing may be the sharpest knife I own, and I am able to keep it sharp, which is unusual for me (cuz I suck at it). Love this little EDC blade!!!

CwoRLfx.jpg
Whoa,,, nice!
Never seen wooden pins before, very cool contrast with the micarta. Is that burlap?

^^^Micarta pins. It's just the cross-cut you see there. Not burlap, just the natural micarta pins, and green micarta handles.

Awesome collection OBX

I reaaaally love the look & size of the old 7/7.
Much more so than the new design tbh.
I think its a shame they extended the blade length.

Thanks XtitanA! The new 7/7 is 1/2" longer blade and overall blade from the handle or 6.75" cutting edge and 7.25" blade length verses 6.25" cutting edge and 6.75" blade length. The new 7/7 (again at 6.75" cutting edge and 7.25" blade length) is just a little bit longer than a USMC Ka-Bar which has a cutting edge that is just under 6.5" and 7" blade length. Also the new 7/7 has a longer overall length of 12.46" verses 11.5" length of the old 7/7. Guy has added .46" to the new and contoured handles. This transfers some of the additional weight gain of the new 7/7 to the handle and will make the new knife feel about the same as the old 7/7, at least in theory but I would bet that they still feel the same weight.

This means the new 7/7 is going to be another great knife. Not because I am a fan boy but because that much extra blade will help with batoning and give just a little bit more leverage to make it a better chopper than the old 7/7. And it means I probably won't need to get the GSO 8 especially since I already have an old GSO 10.

I know what I can do with the old 7/7, which is about 80% to 85% of what I can do with a 4.1 and 95% of what I can do with a 5.1 except in both cases it's harder to carry. Unfortunately I think the new 7/7 will make me retire my old and beloved 7/7 for several reasons. One becasue it'll be a little more useful in the field and second because it'll have the better heat treat 3v aka better blade retention and easier to strop. The same thing happened when the new 5.1 came out. I just don't use my old 5.1 any more.

I have a 7/7 on order and will do a review of after it arrives.

These two are definitely in my top four though...

Man I can see why. What model is that from Ray? I'll bet it's a great user, along with that model from Mr. Wilson.

I reviewed my previous post and still stick with it. However, the little TRC I bought recently, man I'm really liking it. I haven't used it enough yet to see how the N690 is going to hold up, but love everything else about the knife.

Last edited:
To revive the thread I would take my survive receipts and an adventure sworn mountaineer and SYCKO 9/11.

Back