1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Uncle Timbo, Sep 7, 2014.

1. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    I picked up a Ratmandu today from UPS, that I ordered a little over a month ago. I call it RATMANBLU. I won’t have this beauty for long... It is a gift for my brother, the best man in my wedding. I took some pics on the way home because that midnight blue was sparkling in the sun like nothing that I have ever seen. I don’t think I would have ever chosen this color combo for myself. Now I may have to put this on my must have color combo list. Check out the pics!!!! https://imgur.com/gallery/WrvO0Tc

Uncle Timbo and bikerector like this.
  2. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    I see what you mean. I've always been a boring black/black kinda guy. Then strip her down to a ghetto finish. That blue definitely pops.

3. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Yeah, there's a talon hole... but this one's a dirty RAT. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Well, if you want an sr101 version at a reduced price, I know a guy. That infiweiler is no longer for sale, however... it was listed for too long :D

Pics are all over this thread of that ratweiler, if you want to know what it looks like.

Time to get the citristrip out again.

Uncle Timbo and Hard Knocks like this.
  5. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    BE - that Ratweiler still has a lifetime of use left in her. I don't even think you barely phased her.
    Check out the ELECTRIC DRAGSTER. Also look at her name when she goes down the track!

bikerector likes this.
  6. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I think this speaks for itself...
    [​IMG]

inkynate and Uncle Timbo like this.
  7. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I was planning to smash up some dead trees but I found the beavers have been active again so I decided to track them down the creek a little and discovered a few more trees they've been working. I guess me and the swamp rats have been slacking. Fun little hike though, and brought the new infiweiler along for the ride.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a small one they took down a while back and a debarked floaty in the background.
    [​IMG]

Another bigger one they took down across the stream and way off of my trails. Tracked them in through the deer trails.
    [​IMG]

This one's been eaten half-way through the bottom again like the first one, before it went over. The one in the first was up for a couple months eaten in half before it came down recently. This one is eaten right behind the yellow grass so you can't really see it well, but I have a picture anyway. It's the best I was able to get.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then just an active crossing of all sorts of critters.
    [​IMG]

inkynate and Uncle Timbo like this.
  8. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    BE - the bottom one reminds me of that one Led Zeppelin song...Whole Lotta Love.
    You gave her a better home than I ever could of.
    After looking at all those pics, I think you ought to nickname the Infiweiler....Wood Chuck.

9. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    I think this dude's got INFI toophers!

bikerector and Hard Knocks like this.
  10. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I thought about getting a trail cam. Could be fun to watch now that I know where the critters are at.

What I haven't figured out is, how big of a log can they drag? I seems like the beaver felled the tree but then only took the branches off, at least so far. I've been keeping an eye on 'em now but he seems to leave the trunk. I don't want to steal them but don't want to see them go to waste either.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  11. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Heh, I mean how could I not?

[​IMG]

Used once per previous owner, a little bit of smoothing on the coating, but otherwise near mint. Scales still smell new lol. The spots are just from a little drizzle before I snapped the pic.

12. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012

What's better than a chopweiler? That's right....two chopweilers……:)

Uncle Timbo, inkynate and bikerector like this.
  13. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Damn straight!

I planned to buy the next one that came up at a reasonable price regardless, but it happened to pop up in my #1 coating/scale combo. So choice... :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  14. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Inky, I believe that's called FATE.

inkynate likes this.
  15. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I think I need to find someone that really wants a ratweiler and has a chopweiler they want to pass along. It would complete me.

Uncle Timbo and Hard Knocks like this.
  16. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    I thought I'd share one with my fellow Rats. I had a co-worker a few years ago who's dad was a bladesmith. Not only a bladesmith, this guy does sheaths, pouches, shoulder bags, all in leather. I had him make me a quiver for my recurve. It's got coyote around the top to quiet the arrows.
    Well, I had given his son, my co-worker some metal that my dad had. He made me this chopper out of Aldos 5160. I didn't even know he knew of Aldo. The sheath is Elk with real sinew. I think the handle is elk and he turned it just right so it feels perfect in your hand. He put my initials and his name in scrimshaw.
    I love it.
    [​IMG]

17. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012

Sweet!!

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  18. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Dave, she's kinda funky looking but boy does she feel good in the hand. That ol boy turned that antler just right.

19. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    When you look at an antler handle, many times they don't look like they'd feel good, but I know from experience that most do. I'm glad that it suits you! How is the recovery coming at this point Tim?

20. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Not bad at all. My ortho surgeon released me from supervised physical therapy about a month ago. It's all on me now. I use stretch bands with handles on them and I'm truly amazed at how far I've come. I think it's going to be a great summer!
    I wonder how ol BE is doing against the beavers with INFI TEETH?

bikerector likes this.