1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Rat and Wombat

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Currawong, Jun 27, 2019.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    And will give you a nasty bite as nasty as their mug.:thumbsup:

2. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    One of the great Australian delights, a good feed of Yabbies. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leonardo63 likes this.
  3. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Loving all these photos. Helps with the disappointment of missing out on the GEC cocobolo Ramsfoot. Have a good day or evening everyone.:):):)

4. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Right! I saw that and said "It's a crawdad" or as we called them down yonder, "Creek Lobster" They are fantastic eating! If you ever have a chance to attend a "Cajun Boil" it's a must do~man do they know how to put on a feed~ it's called "sucking heads" when you eat crawdads and it's phenomenal.

5. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Sounds fantastic. One of the great things about the forum is all the stuff you can learn from other parts of the world.:):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    My parents used to do a crawfish boil every year at their house. The whole neighborhood would chip in and they'd get 300 lb. of crawfish from Louisiana. They used to cover 2 big tables (one hot and one mild) with a bunch of newspaper and dump huge pots of crawfish, kielbasa, potatoes, and corn on the cob. Some of the people in the neighborhood were from Louisiana and they would make Jambalaya and gumbo and it was a full pig out! It was awesome! I really miss that house. Thanks Len for bringing back the memories!

7. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Well this discussion is now making me hungry !!!!!

8. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I love discussions that turn to food. I look skinny but I'm a HOG deep down! :D

9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Garlic Yabbie Tails are a food served in Heaven !!!!!!!!

WatermanChris likes this.
  10. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Only if you can get in.!!!!!!:):););):thumbsup:

11. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    ....they emailed me my all access code already !!! maybe you are doing it wrong..... ;):eek::D:D

12. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    I just sneak in behind you, while Saint Peter is checking your admission code.

13. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I just use my Senior Pass.:D

14. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    That's even better. While you and Andy are blueing at the pearly gates about your credentials to get in, me and Currawong can sneak in with the Esky!!!

Currawong likes this.
  15. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Hey, you know exactly what I'm talking about! Yeah man, we had some friends from Slidell La come up one time with all the fixins, we only had one kind, hot! LOL! They cooked it all afternoon and like you say, spread it all out on a picnic table and the race was on. It wasn't hot to eat, not in an uncomfortable way, but the heat kept coming on. It wasn't going down that was rough it was my lips felt like they were melting off my face. I don't get into hot stuff at all, but my lips- I said "I'd take a wire brush to my lips to try to get the burn off! LOL! Man, that was one of the best feasts of all times and with fantastic people, they were such awesome people. Never forget it.

16. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Havent had a good boil in awhile. May just be time to start thinking about it.

Garth

17. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    We do that every year in April or May, but on a smaller scale (just family, not the whole neighborhood). Just one fifty pound sack of crawfish, with corn on the cob, red potatoes, and Zummo's Party-Time links (lesser sausages just won't do).

Maybe things are different up there in Yankeeville, but down here in East Podunk (30 miles from Louisiana border), crawfish season is about over. From about March through June, you could get live crawfish at H-E-B (Texas supermarket chain), but you had to get there early in the morning and buy them by the 30-50 pound burlap sack. But now they're all gone.

18. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Cranky Black Snake...
    [​IMG]

Emu
    [​IMG]

Pair of Taipans...
    [​IMG]

Black Fallow Deer...

[​IMG]

Foxy Business....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  19. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Those foxes fighting!! Awesome photo!! You probably shot them with a camera then shot them with a gun.... :D

20. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I am so very deeply appreciative of this thread, thank you to the good folks down under for making it happen. Australia's natural riches are endlessly fascinating and entertaining, and these insider views are the best way for me to take it in from a distance. The list of places to visit and things to do in Australia grows daily, what an amazing and beautiful place.