Swamp Rat build time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bimmer1,
Did the website say 3-5weeks when you ordered that knife 11 weeks ago?

I'm pretty sure it either said 3-5 weeks or 5-7 weeks when I placed my order..............although I didn't see that little disclaimer until I had already placed my order.

Rucki and RS ordered on 7/14, shipped 8/31 but it took a few days to touch base on payment. KDSH ordered 10/2, shipped 11/29. I'm not worried about stuff not being shipped. I tend to add extra time at the end of the year due to holidays and people getting sick.

You tend to forget about the wait time once the Swamp Rat is in your hands anyway!!!:D

I ordered a Rucki 09/28 and a KDSH 10/04 and nothing so far, its almost 3 month now.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I ordered an RMD on November 10. It was delivered today (yes, Canada Post delivered it on SUNDAY!!!!!) While I am quite happy to receive it before Christmas, I had no notification of shipping, no tracking number, nothing, so it was a Christmas Miracle that I received it at all. I can appreciate that it may be quite hectic at Swamp Rat Central, especially considering the season, but I think it would be advantageous to improve customer communication.

Anyway, I'm happy it's here. Merry Christmas to all at Swamp Rat and all on this forum. With that I shall take my leave and return to my much neglected Crown Royal. Cheers, everyone!

Doc

Received my Rucki today which is incidentally teh same day I received my TGLB. Ordered both on or about 11/4.

I never received any automatic updates though like I did from Lexi in regards to my TGLB but they did deliver in the specified time.

Now for a Rodent 6 or Ratmandu?

Part of the charm... If you don't want to wait there's lots of knives 'off the shelf'...

Part of the charm... If you don't want to wait there's lots of knives 'off the shelf'...

This I find to be a strange response.

Non existent customer communication and inaccurate lead times are "charming"?

Thought I'd give Swamp Rat my money and wait on a knife. Even they acknowledge they have a communication problem. Nothing charming about that.

As I've said before, I'd be happy to wait 6 months if that's what it took to get a knife and what was advertised at the time of the order. It's not about the wait. I doubt it's about the wait for most folks that feel less that satisfied with their experience.

Been around the Busse/Kin family for over a year now, I'm used to the waiting...
They say they shipped I wait until it shows up... And I am half the world away so the wait is usually longer.
So far I can't complain about not being informed enough about my purchases.

Been around the Busse/Kin family for over a year now, I'm used to the waiting...
They say they shipped I wait until it shows up... And I am half the world away so the wait is usually longer.
So far I can't complain about not being informed enough about my purchases.

Fair enough. Other folks feel differently and telling them to "buy something else" if they don't like open ended build times with no communication from the company isn't really necessary. Ultimately they WILL buy something else for their next knife purchase if they didn't enjoy the experience. Can't imagine that's what SR wants.

Really, this simply started with a question as I had no idea what was happening with my knife. :)

Last edited:
Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I ordered an RMD on November 10. It was delivered today (yes, Canada Post delivered it on SUNDAY!!!!!) While I am quite happy to receive it before Christmas, I had no notification of shipping, no tracking number, nothing, so it was a Christmas Miracle that I received it at all. I can appreciate that it may be quite hectic at Swamp Rat Central, especially considering the season, but I think it would be advantageous to improve customer communication.

Anyway, I'm happy it's here. Merry Christmas to all at Swamp Rat and all on this forum. With that I shall take my leave and return to my much neglected Crown Royal. Cheers, everyone!

Doc

That's awesome to hear, you lucky guy! My RMD supposedly shipped, but nothing has come my way so far (ordered in early October).

I had a question for you, did you pay for the internation shipping option or the standard shipping option? I've never paid $55 for shipping on such a small item, and I'd say that's the biggest roadblock for me in terms of Swamp knives, considering we're the friendly neighbor to the north.

I just received my Ratmandu after about 6 weeks. At about the 5 week mark, I sent an inquiry email and received a response very quickly telling me when it would ship. Being my first order from the Swamp, I didn't know how much lead time would be necessary but it looks like if I would have read everything I would have been prepared for a 3-5 week wait. That's a long wait but if that's what it takes to make them and my expectations are set appropriately, I have no problem with it.

And I LOVE the knife.

That's awesome to hear, you lucky guy! My RMD supposedly shipped, but nothing has come my way so far (ordered in early October).

I had a question for you, did you pay for the internation shipping option or the standard shipping option? I've never paid $55 for shipping on such a small item, and I'd say that's the biggest roadblock for me in terms of Swamp knives, considering we're the friendly neighbor to the north.

I paid for the international shipping option, because, AFAIK, that's the only way they will ship up here. I tried the standard shipping option when I ordered my RS, but I was notified when it was ready for shipping that the shipping would be the international shipping method.

And I agree with you about it being a roadblock - it will probably be the last SR that I order. With the international shipping cost, (which only cost them $37.70 BTW) plus $17.83 GST plus $9.95 Canada Post handling fee it starts to be an expensive item, though to be fair, I knew it going in, so.........

Doc

Hey dont feel bad guys I live roughly 2-3 hours drive from the shop and it costs me 15 bucks to ship it in the same state. I can say I will most likely order a RMD just because im pretty dead set on a sage blade black canvas and those colors NEVER seem to go up for sale.

Poor communication, or lack thereof, is pretty lousy. Especially in today's world where everyone is so connected there's hardly a reason for it. It's reasonable to expect occasional updates.....it's really just par for the course.

With that said, I've had a good experience so far. I started out contacting SR about a custom Rodent 6 in Nov to which I got a prompt reply. Then there was some lag in the email exchange and I remember reading something about an email problem they were having so I resent. Sure enough next day I got a reply confirming my request. At that point I added a couple of RMDs to my order and was told they would get things started and email me when it's ready to ship. Got an email this week that the 2 RMDs will be on its way soon! So either I'm a lucky bastard or things are looking up.

OP, mind locking up the thread?
You've already sold the knife so what's the point of this thread being opened?

OP, mind locking up the thread?
You've already sold the knife so what's the point of this thread being opened?

Yep it's gone. Didn't do it for me.

I don't know that there's a problem with the thread being open. People are sharing their build time and contact experience regardless of whether I have the RMD or not. Sounds like things are doing much better on the contact front at this point. :)

Maybe you're right. I'm no longer a SR customer and I won't be talking about them in the future.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back