Swamp/Scrap yard have a plan?

Im sure Im not the only one wondering whats up with Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard..
anyone know if there is any plan to offer new blades?? I hope they all start their own O2W.. Anyway, someone has got to know something.. ???

Lol. Seems the good ol days are gone. I have a feeling things will never be what they once were. Jmo but the original runs for all 3 divisions were the best blades to date imo. Great people but times are defiantly changed.

As an example follow the becker forum. the boys and girls in the Becker forums are out using there knives and have a very fun and active forum. Seems these forums are just old threads being replied to every now and then and all the knife pics are inside or outside posing with scenery or what not. Getting pretty lame. Sorry guys just keeping it real. I love my Busse and kin but these forums are just dead anymore. Seems more guys collecting then actually using them. That's always been but we still had a lot of other threads where people were making videos and posting outdoor fun and or abusing the knives. I used to spend a ton of time on here now I check in every month or so. :(

The inventory list of Scrap yard has recently been reduced. So they may be posting something in there real soon. Similar to what happened for Busse.

I'm hoping to see some scrapyard stuff soon, hopefully some res-c and elmax or 154cm

I need an EDC with mudders! Dan said he is currently working on something. The forums are slower because the interaction between Jerry/Dan and the Hogs/Dogs has been less. The Swamp started drying up after Eric left, Josh tried to do stuff but didn't really have the authority that Eric had. I don't know whats going on over there now. If Ian and Carl and Drmrboy came over here they wouldn't need the Rat Chat IMHO

As an example follow the becker forum. the boys and girls in the Becker forums are out using there knives and have a very fun and active forum. Seems these forums are just old threads being replied to every now and then and all the knife pics are inside or outside posing with scenery or what not. Getting pretty lame. Sorry guys just keeping it real. I love my Busse and kin but these forums are just dead anymore. Seems more guys collecting then actually using them. That's always been but we still had a lot of other threads where people were making videos and posting outdoor fun and or abusing the knives. I used to spend a ton of time on here now I check in every month or so. :(
Ya.. I hear ya. The Busse forum is pretty active but this SY/SR forum is dying out :(... Sure hope we are surprised one morning with a all new scrap yard lineup. But man..with NOTHING new or exciting to discuss for gees..years now. I start thinking the worst :(

Nahhh... SWAMP RAT is alive and well. It's living inside almost every new Busse shipped. While no one was looking, SR-101 has invaded and basically taken over almost everything. Now we have the best of both worlds; high value and high durability. I have no big complaints; the build quality on my recent purchases has been outstanding, although I understand how people would like to see more inventory offered.

Yes a steady inventory would be good. As a example look at Becker knife and tool. They haven't changed in forever but there forum is alive and well and still making the same ol knives and new comers can come along and pick one up and be outdoors enjoying them that same week. I have a lot of people who ask me what knife to get and I would say swamp rat or Busse but they are not knife nuts who are gonna join BLade Forums and scour the classifieds to get a knife. Just not gonna happen. So now I reccomend Falkniven or ESEE or Becker. It's a shame because I have a lot of guys who trust my judgment but just want 1 good hunting knife or a camp knife. like I said they will not join here and search and wait a year to get a knife. I get that. That's why having a few flagship models available is important. Heck I don't need any more knives but you can bet if they showed up in the Busse store I'd be all over it. But now that we have a announcement every year or so than wait months to hear we can now place order than another year wait it's just getting to be well...... old I guess. Maybe it's just me. And so everyone knows this is just meant to be constructive criticism. That's why I said they need to change with the times to stay relavent exspecially with younger and new customers.

Let's face it us guys who been around a while have safe's full of infi and rats and dogs so we really don't even need any knives but the new guys are eager to buy but there is never anything to buy unless they get used. I work in a huge shop and am always being asked about knives and want these guys to experiance the greatness of infi and Sr-101 but they are mostly younger guys who want now and don't wanna play games and search. They wanna click buy now and go play. Lol. Ok I'm done with my soap box. Lol. I feel like Trump waiting for the main stream media to pounce all over my post -slash "tweet" lol

I have a lot of people who ask me what knife to get and I would say swamp rat or Busse but they are not knife nuts who are gonna join BLade Forums and scour the classifieds to get a knife. Just not gonna happen. So now I reccomend Falkniven or ESEE or Becker. It's a shame because I have a lot of guys who trust my judgment but just want 1 good hunting knife or a camp knife. like I said they will not join here and search and wait a year to get a knife. I get that. That's why having a few flagship models available is important...
I don't know if you're aware, but Swamp Rat has continously offered several very good knives on their website all along; in fact, great blades like the RATMANDU have been offered on that site for years, and still are today. We had one member order one recently and he had it on his doorstep in a few weeks (really, not a typo).

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/knives/

Granted, it's not a huge slection like we see from TOPS or ESSEE, but there are a few good RATS available 24/7.

Last edited:
I picked up a Rathmandu. Short wait. Like last October. Have wanted a 511 for years. swamprat has nothing for sale.

Swamp Rat appear to still have the Rucki and RMD available for order at the moment....

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/knives/

Several of the OP2W offering have been Rats and some Dogs as well. For the moment, this is the Busse GROUP's model. Time will see if they go back to a more independent model but I suspect not.

Hoping for some more offerings in SR77 since the recent MMD was offered in it.

I'd like to see the HRLM (Howling Rat Little Mischief) make its way back, maybe even in some various steel options other than just SR101. Maybe even a custom shop satin/uncoated version.

Actually, it would be really nice if more blades from the Little Mischief line were released!
There were some beauties there and it's hard to beat that handle for comfort

Also hope both SR and Sykco make a return. Liked the logos much more than any Busse logo and primarily buy sr101 blades anyways . Quite honestly dont care for the Battle grade logo. Hope if any new swamp rats are released they'll use the "howling rat" logo from the shirts on it. Don't care what kinda knife it was, I'd buy it just cause the logo was killer.

dK2k3gk.png

I'd like to see the HRLM (Howling Rat Little Mischief) make its way back, maybe even in some various steel options other than just SR101. Maybe even a custom shop satin/uncoated version.
.....I am a predictable bastid ;)...going bush this weekend....hopefully will need to cut some meat up.... I walked around the halls and shelves of my walk in knife safe....fed the two guard dogs that that roam aroun din there keeping my steel safe and looked to pick some blades for teh trip....yep....my B4 and HRLM landed in the bag !

.....I am a predictable bastid ;)...going bush this weekend....hopefully will need to cut some meat up.... I walked around the halls and shelves of my walk in knife safe....fed the two guard dogs that that roam aroun din there keeping my steel safe and looked to pick some blades for teh trip....yep....my B4 and HRLM landed in the bag !

What happened to your plans of processing the meat with your Huck?

Back