Swayback Jacks lets see em!

Here's mine with a couple of close friends.

fabfour003.jpg

My customs 020.jpg

Here are a few from Todd Davison (black wood/Ivory's) 1 Honey bone (Joe Allen) Also 1 from Ken Coats.

Attachments

• No.689 No.690 TAD Knives 006.jpg
    No.689 No.690 TAD Knives 006.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 17
  • My Sway Back from KC.jpg
    My Sway Back from KC.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 18

Tell us about these? Did you commission one or both of them, or get them both at the same time, or did owning the one lead you to seek out another, or...?

Beautiful. I like both the variations, and the similarities.

Not that your green case isn't also fine. I have the chestnut/CV edition, and greatly appreciate its smooth, quality "heft."

~ P.

How did I get two so close alike? Funny you should ask...

Last year I was deployed to the sandbox. I had more disposable income at that time, so I bought knives. Some got delivered to me there, most did not. I like the swayback; I have several. I really was looking for a custom one, but I kept missing out on TA Davison's sales due to the time difference. Ken Coats obviously posted his sales at better times. Still, I didn't set out to get two. In fact I didn't realize I had done so until just recently when I was trying to consolidate and inventory my collection (due to having my display case finished).

Of the two I prefer the "arrowhead" mainly due to the relief for the blade notch. Still, the slanted jigging on the other one is almost as interesting.

Still, I didn't set out to get two. In fact I didn't realize I had done so until just recently when I was trying to consolidate and inventory my collection (due to having my display case finished).

Ha! Hopefully, it was a good surprise? Sure looks like it from here.

I hadn't noticed the relief notch on the one until you mentioned it. Very nice detail! They do complement one another nicely. I'm really enjoying just the picture-- to have them in-hand must make for a good time. :)

~ P.

These SBJ thread have been tormenting me for a couple a years now. I finally pulled the trigger on Case Chestnut Bone CV SBJ about 10 minutes ago. So the wait begins.....

Last edited:
Very unusual shield on that old Ebony, nice used blade too.:thumbup: If only you could get modern knives with such thick rounded handles.

I admire the stag on the Amherst that Charles shows in post 70 as well.

Regards, Will.

Very unusual shield on that old Ebony, nice used blade too.:thumbup: If only you could get modern knives with such thick rounded handles.

Regards, Will.

Thanks Will. The handle is magnificent and the shield sold me right away.

An older Remington New England Whaler
IMGP8284.jpg

hawkbill from Trevor Ablett with horn slabs
IMGP8278.jpg

Lambsfoot by Rodgers of Sheffield, jasper handles
IMGP8287.jpg

Back