Switch from BD1 to BD1N?

I read on another post, I think it was on the Spyderco forum, that Spyderco is planning on switching from BD1 to BD1N, and read isolated reports (without photo proof) that some people are getting their UKPK in BD1N. Is this true? Is there a date on the switch? Is there a way to get one of the BD1N models? I'm sure excited to try out this steel having read up a bit on it.

That’s great news, N is supposedly a significant step up from it’s predecessor. I’ve heard the analogy of 154CM to CPM154, substantial improvements all around.

I was just conversing with myself earlier about how I feel the LW M2 models are getting too expensive, when they originally came out the satin with blue handles was $68...with the upgrade to BD1N I think the value equation is back in line, I will pay $100 for a knife in that steel.

I had no idea this change was happening. Also wasn't aware of the differences between 1 and 1N. This is very interesting news.

Now I want to try this steel! I love my transluent blue LW.

We'll be slowly converting.

sal
I'm guessing you can't/won't give a date on when each model will be transitioned? Will there be an announcement when it happens at least? I want to be respectful, but I also want to scream, "take my money!"

Tougher, stronger, higher working hardness up to 63hrc, more wear resistance due to nitrides. Ive been very surprised by the performance

My kitchen knives are in this steel. I've really enjoyed them.

My kitchen knives are in this steel. I've really enjoyed them.

u0bGebW.jpg

Same here, I even got a puukko made out of a piece I got from Scott Devanna and had heat treated by Brad to 63hrc with cryo.

The stuff is killer, should surprise people.

It's funny, I heard a rumor recently that Kai was looking at BD1N as a replacement for 14C28N, I asked about it over on the green forum and got the typical douche nozzle type response from one of their people...by contrast, someone asks on here and Sal tells us it's true and happening soon, shows yet again why my money goes to Colorado and not Oregon these days...

It seems there won't be a price increase?

When the swi
u0bGebW.jpg

Same here, I even got a puukko made out of a piece I got from Scott Devanna and had heat treated by Brad to 63hrc with cryo.

The stuff is killer, should surprise people.

I've always liked the modern slipjoints Spyderco has made. This will get me back into one. Hey Sal Glesser Sal Glesser I'd love to see a wharncliffe/sheepsfoot version. :)

There will not be a price increase.

We cannot tell when they come up in the queue and they go to distributors and dealers and we can't know when they will offer them.

BMC, a Warnie/Sheepfoot of what model?

sal

There will not be a price increase.

We cannot tell when they come up in the queue and they go to distributors and dealers and we can't know when they will offer them.

BMC, a Warnie/Sheepfoot of what model?

sal

Excited about BD1N with no price increase.

The UKPK, Urban, or Squeak! I'd be happy with any and all! :)

Hmmmmmmmmmm I'm hoping the Ronin 2 will be at the top of the change over list...

Excited about BD1N with no price increase.

The UKPK, Urban, or Squeak! I'd be happy with any and all! :)
There used to be a wharncliffe Urban, but it's sadly discontinued.

Now, having been converted to the Way of the Urban I would love to see it as, maybe, a sprint run, if one Mr. Glesser could be persuaded...

I read on another post, I think it was on the Spyderco forum, that Spyderco is planning on switching from BD1 to BD1N, and read isolated reports (without photo proof) that some people are getting their UKPK in BD1N. Is this true? Is there a date on the switch? Is there a way to get one of the BD1N models? I'm sure excited to try out this steel having read up a bit on it.

SipB1Zr.png

Now, having been converted to the Way of the Urban I would love to see it as, maybe, a sprint run, if one Mr. Glesser could be persuaded...
The idea of an upgraded steel wharncliffe Urban makes me need to take a cold shower. Any of the Slipits really.

Pics of it on Instagram haunt me to this day.

The idea of an upgraded steel wharncliffe Urban makes me need to take a cold shower. Any of the Slipits really.

Yep.

Back