• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

T.A.Davison - #343 - California Buckeye Burl

I've been EDCing #343 for about one month and I'd like to say that I'm really loving it. Yeah it's getting dinged up a bit but that's par for course for any knife you carry every day no matter how carefull you are. But it's such a pleasure to use and still a beauty to look at, it reeks of quality and near perfection. When I have a few free moments I take this knife out and just admire the quality of workmanship that Todd puts in his knives.:thumbup::cool:;):D

Oh my God! That is probably one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen!!! I love every aspect of material and aesthetics of this knife! Someday...Someday...

Diamond, next time Todd has something you like sell a kidney and go for it. It won't be long before his knives will cost better than $1,000 and you won't be able to get one for love or money.:cool::thumbup:

Diamond, next time Todd has something you like sell a kidney and go for it. It won't be long before his knives will cost better than $1,000 and you won't be able to get one for love or money.:cool::thumbup:

I agree I have 4 and would like another. Won't it be great to say we were the first to get one of his.

Old rifleman, I agree. I've been EDC'ing #233 and it's a great little knife. I have mixed feelings about carrying it. I don't want to ding it up but it doesn't give me as much pleasure if it's locked in a safe. A picture of it is on Todd's website on knives sold page 1. The wood has gotten darker with age and the burl is more pronounced and I think that's very :cool:. It's got a few scratches but I figure oh well you only live once and I appreciate nice things. Great work Todd and I also hope to add more of your works of art to my collection.:thumbup::cool:;)

DUDE! Scott Dog, I was just on my way of living with the fact that I cannot have this knife and you go and bring it up again!!! Just kidding Dog, I love your knife and after visiting Todd's web-site ALL of his knives are so sweet! Yeah I don't know if I would carry it--yet I know I would not be happy keeping it in a safe-I would need to have it with me always so I could look and fondle it at anytime!!

DUDE! Scott Dog, I was just on my way of living with the fact that I cannot have this knife and you go and bring it up again!!! Just kidding Dog, I love your knife and after visiting Todd's web-site ALL of his knives are so sweet! Yeah I don't know if I would carry it--yet I know I would not be happy keeping it in a safe-I would need to have it with me always so I could look and fondle it at anytime!!

I've been carrying #298 for a couple of weeks now.....and it makes me smile every single day.

Have to admit though, when we went camping this week (spring break with the 8 year old) I just couldn't use it to sharpen a marshmallow stick......I tried, I really I did.......I just couldn't do it! Maybe next time.

Dave I know how you feel. Next time go for it. You only live once. I think you will be surprised at how well it does the job. Recently I took my large Seb Micarta inlay that I had Tom Krein regrind for me and I decided to use it to cut some small branches off a tree in my backyard, half expecting the knife to be dull as a butter knife afterward. It did the job wonderfully and was still killer sharp when I was done and cleaned the tree sap off it.:thumbup::cool:;):p

Dave, use your knife. it's what you bought it for.
i know the pleasure of owning a T.A. Davison knife and that it is augmented by using the knife. it's no strain on the knife, you won't hurt it, but you will bond more and more. it will become more special to you and thereby, ultimately more special to family members who one day will inherit it, as Todd's knives will outlast us all. roland

Back