T.M. Hunt "Blade or Bust" 2013 thread.

Murphnuge

Here's our official Blade show thread for our humble shop. I can't promise real time updates, but I'll do my damnedest to keep you in the loop.

It's 11:57 p.m. here the night before our departure and I'm getting half lit and packing. Sounds responsible I know, but my logic is that whenever I go somewhere I'll probably end up drinking, so why not drink while I pack? At least I'll maybe pack some items the future drunken Murph will need wherever he ends up.

Todd took mercy on me and decided to leave "later" than planned earlier this week. He says 7 a.m. at his place would suffice. Well, that's 10x's better than 4 a.m.!

5 A.M. here. Just got up to see the new thread Murph started. :rolleyes: I suppose he's due here in a couple of hours. From the sounds of it he's have a headace. That's good. That means I'll have 8 hrs. to play the music loud and make his life miserable. That ought to be fun. Anyway.gonna head out a little later. Sitting here fixing my coffee lookin at a huge pile of knives. Can't really pin how I feel about all of this. Not really excited, nervous, happy or sad. I think I more than anything I just want my life back. Working on knives so much lately I've neglected some things and have had NO freetime in the past 5 months. Sittin here this morning I'm honestly just looking forward to gettin back home so I can play with my kids, and maybe plant some flowers with my wife. Its been a crazy 5 months. As I've said earlier, a lot of people have come out of the woodwork to back me on this. I'm quite certain at some point I've pissed everyone of them off due to my level of stress over all of this. Something else I'm not proud of. I owe a lot of people a lot of gratitude. they haven't gotten there proper thanks yet......they will. Stay tuned......see all you guys in Atlanta!

Is "planting flowers with the wife" secret code?

I'm ready to roll, fellas. Looking forward to this experience/experiment.

For some reason I keep seeing "Hangover" scenes in my head. I can't be there but might be able to wire some bail money. Just sayin....

Just made Tennessee. We picked Jeff(Diesel D) up around 1030. He promptly greeted us with the customary Clark county Black snake.

2013-05-30_09-16-31_778_zpsd9a148b6.jpg

Todd's always calm when somebody whips out a snake.

2013-05-30_09-16-40_482_zps47985f23.jpg

Thanks for keeping us updated and I can't wait to see that table full of awesome. Good luck guys, I really hope you sell out.

We are 60 miles from atlanta. I think we're going to make it.

We got here at my cousins Dereks house. He has takin on the crazy task of taking in this band of knife weilding hooligans from indiana, and its only 3 or so miles from the show. How cool is that. His place is awesome and I think we will be able to rough it here for a few days. ;)

2013-05-30180904_zps479ff2fe.jpg
2013-05-30180950_zpsc022f4fe.jpg

Had a great dinner. My cousin is unfortunately out of town tonight, but he gave us a great spot to eat. A Irish pub. Murph was besides himself. It turned out great. The place was cool. Big suprise, I totally expected for my cousin to send us to a gay bar just to screw with us. Besides the guy in the pink shirt in the pic. This place was a lot of fun.
2013-05-30_204649_zps60dafe0e.jpg
2013-05-30193328_zpse69996dc.jpg
2013-05-30195526_zps45f8a0e5.jpg
2013-05-30200832_zps3b10f739.jpg
2013-05-30200910_zps334ba3fc.jpg

You all had better just drink and let your wife sell the knives. Thats an ugly looking crew ;)

Cheers bitches!

DSCN1094_zpsa3958a86.jpg

Shepherd's pie.

DSCN1095_zps584c250c.jpg

Todd's cousin left was given a note about his generosity, I matched it in my own little way. I lack the childhood innocence, but the sincerity is still there.

DSCN1097_zps3259b6cb.jpg

Basement board meeting.

DSCN1099_zps4ac9de6c.jpg

DSCN1102_zpscaf2298f.jpg

12:30 here. We just finished up getting everything priced. So, the work is done for tonight. Now comes a very short time of relaxation and enjoyment. Diesel D has givin us a strick bedtime of 1:30 A.M. (who brought this guy?) Anyway, on the good side, we raided my cousins kitchen and found some heavenly peanut butter filled pretzels. These Georgia people got the pretzels sh!t figured out. Wow. Gonna be hittin the sack soon. Big day tomorrow. Good night all! Hope to see ya in front of my table!

Last edited:
Wakey wakey. Everybodies up and gettin showers. I'm trying to figure out how the coffee maker works. So far, no success. :grumpy:

Good luck at the show folks! Keep us posted with pics - wish I could have been there!

Back