T.M. Hunt Pocket Dump, oh yeah official.

Derek, I really really like the stuff in your pocket. Particularly the modified 24, and the Kydex pocket sheath with the extra tools. Whats the cord used to wrap the sheath and 24? Is that bank line?

No, bank line is crap and I hate it. This stuff was found by the boss, then we spent like a year trying to track down the actual stuff and finally found it. Made by an outfit named Wallace Cordage in Tenn. #18 braided/tarred Duck Decoy Line. Small stuff, like 1x2 mm, 155 lbs breaking strength. That bit wrapped around the sheath totals to over twenty feet, and there is nothing in the world that holds a knot like this stuff.

Thanks, I really like the setup so far. Seem to have found exactly what works for me.

12909823234_a6987d8440_o.jpg
That's a sweet looking kit. The pocket sheath especially.... I think this pushed me over the edge. I definitely need to scrounge some kydex for the Magua.

Kydex is fantastic stuff. I recommend using Boltaron though. Better results from that than Kydex or Concealex for us.

Most the time i just carry my keychain with the exotac and tritium locator keychain.

My non work day EDC pocket dump. Its almost the same as work day, but for work I use a Kershaw Volt II
Not pictured, because it was taking the picture, is my LG G2 cellphone in a commuter otterbox.

Most of you guys would call me a minimalist I guess ..lol

Todd always gives me hell about carrying too much or being a boy scout. Here's most of what's in my pockets. There's a Hornet on my belt I didn't include and an ESEE business card holder, but the rest is here.

So what's in your pockets?

Looks like you need a leather case for that Field Notes notebook. A lot of choices on Etsy. Something in a nice Horween leather to match a knife sheath!

I'll play.

11630476134_2dd91a3acd_o.jpg

On the left we have a small water resistant notebook, with a PocketWrench II and a Zebra F-301C that ride in the wallet on top, some chapstick, my paracord bracelet (Slatt's rescue belt weave), as well as my new watch, Casio PRW 3000-1A, wallet (which also holds a lens cloth for my glasses), my keychain which has a keyfob for the Jeep, a peanut lighter, keys (cut down and put on a stainless steel sail shackle to minimize space and jangling), and a set of the Tru Utility flat folding nail clippers (new to my life, and quickly becoming one of the most used things ever), with a Skeletool CX in the middle, a Streamlight Microstream, and last but certainly not least my TM Hunt Magua. Not shown is my titanium capsule I wear around my neck that has a USB thumb drive in it, my cell phone, and a 3'x3' red bandanna I usually carry (it's in the laundry).

Where did you find a bandana that's 3'x3'?

Nothing, that was a pocket dump after going to the range :D I always have a few brass in my pockets or shoes.

The Black N Blue Magua is still off getting new pants fitted... The ESEE 3 will do in the meantime.

IMG_20140719_142831_209_zps67ef4785.jpg

With all that on ya, Murph, no wonder you need such a heavy duty belt:D your carry taste is very similar to mine (except I'm temporarily lacking in the hunt carry department )

Updated, not pictured is my zippo because It was left in my pocket after the dump.
b9b3afcb-07a2-4dab-901e-775a77b5ce1a_zps06d38a20.jpg

With all that on ya, Murph, no wonder you need such a heavy duty belt:D your carry taste is very similar to mine (except I'm temporarily lacking in the hunt carry department )

It's only getting worse! I keep thinking of stuff to add. I know how little I can get by with, but damn it's all too handy to quit now.

Back