Tactical slippie??

Once again, a perfect place to insert the phrase "sport utility knife".:)

great wording...

"sport" is such a nice word. I especially like its biological application: an organism or part that shows an unusual or singular deviation from the normal or parent type; mutation.

I've been saying "thanks, sport" to those surly types for years.

Lycosa, I think it is still more an agregation than a collection. I'll post pixs as soon as the next delivery comes in.

Jones---How did you make out with the "forged" maker?? Looking forward to your pix.

OK, to get things straight:

Allowed are fixed blades of less than 12cm blade lenght.
Allowed are folders regardless of blade-length as long as they don't have a lock and a one-hand-opening possibility.
Not allowed are folders, regardless of blade-length, that have a lock AND a one-hand-opening possibility.

This sums it up pretty well.
However, there's another important aspect of the law that hasn't been mentioned so far:
Unless you've got a very good reason, you are not allowed to carry WEAPONs, regardless of blade length or lock. Don't ask me where to draw the line between a weapon and a tool, but I am pretty sure that you're not allowed to carry e.g. a double-edged dagger, even if its blade is shorter than 12cm.
Theoretically, even a slipjoint knife might be considered a weapon if it's marketed this way and has features like black coating, blood grooves, or a name like "Throatslitter 2000" ;)

Perhaps we are back to definitions?

A "tactical" response as spposed to a "strategic" response is in the time available to respond. If there is time to develop a strategy, it is strategic.

If there is little time to respond, then it is a tasctical situation. An example of a tactical situation:

A horse rider has fallen from their horse and they are fastened to the horse by a rope or strap. They are being dragged. This is a tactical situation where seconds make a difference.

Perhaps someone's clothing is caught in a rotating machine. It is going to be a very short time before this person is sucked into the machine and hurt. Another situation where seconds make a difference.

A "tactical" knife need not be something that assumes a human opponent. It is a tool that can be used quickly to sove a problem.

Kevin is an intelligent gifted knife maker. I'm sure he will think this out thoroughly.

sal

As Rush Limbaugh says, "words mean things." 'Tactic' carries the connotation of plan. Thus, tactical is an inappropriate adjective for a knife unless a very specialized knife designed to work with a specific plan. A knife designed to be used in a booby-trap might be an example.

'Tactical' describes a cognitive entity and not normally a quality of a knife. It is correct to speak of a tactical lesson, or a tactical note, or a tactical thought, but not a tactical knife (or shirt, lol).http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=tactical+shirt&um=1&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
So a regular 'tactical' knife with a thumb stud.
Just remove the thumb stud...
Legal?

Back