Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

Sorry Dan for not emailing you on that. YES. I sent it one day late. Priority US Mail. Went Tuesday. Look for her Friday or Saturday. Sorry Dan for the overlook on notiifying.

RL

I got this message from overseas yesterday. I have removed the requested parts.

Thank you for being involved in the “War Against Terrorism”. You wanted to make a difference in this fight and you have done so by producing a knife that represents the skilled patriot inside of you. We all felt compelled to do what is just when we saw what had happed to Nicholas Berg and others that where executed, and let’s not forget 9/11. It clearly shows that you are willing to sacrifice for our country just as much as my fellow soldiers and I have done.
It is a pleasure to be carrying a weapon that has been handcrafted and designed with great workmanship. The minute I saw the knife, I knew this was the knife for me. I must be honest with you, other than owning a couple of knives in my lifetime, I am not horribly familiar with the “Art of Knife Making”. Nonetheless, I do understand and appreciate the effort that goes into planning and constructing a particular masterpiece. I am truly impressed with the different material that went into crafting this enchanting knife. I am completely awestruck with everything from the copper and buffalo spacers to the western style designed sheath displaying the New Mexico Flag. The craftsman’s details that went into the making of the handle are indescribable and absolutely astonishing. I am also extremely content with the blade quality and design. However, the most essential part that brings the knife together is the guard. The guard gives it a smooth transition from the handle into the blade. The light coat of bacon gave it that extra character that went into creating the knife and I am truly pleased with that aspect.
All your hard work and dedication that went into creating this knife is greatly appreciated. I am proud to carry this knife in combat in honor of your patriotism and for those who have paid the ultimate price against the “War on Terrorism”.

The reference to bacon comes because I oil quenched this A2 and added a little bacon fat to the quench oil, just for the effect...and for the memory of Nicholas Berg and the others, kind of like the Brittish army used to do with bullets during the days of empire.

shgeo said:
snip. . .
The reference to bacon comes because I oil quenched this A2 and added a little bacon fat to the quench oil, just for the effect...and for the memory of Nicholas Berg and the others, kind of like the Brittish army used to do with bullets during the days of empire.

Damn, Steve. . .I wish I had thought of that! :D

rlinger said:
Sorry Dan for not emailing you on that. YES. I sent it one day late. Priority US Mail. Went Tuesday. Look for her Friday or Saturday. Sorry Dan for the overlook on notiifying.

RL

No prob Roger
I think I'm missing stuf here and there too,, that's the brakes when time runs thin.. it didn't come today I'll look for her tomorow.. :)

Brian, I have been busy these past few days and have fallen behind on properly keeping up with my emails to date.

Brian, I got your knife package the very day you advised I should. She showed up safe and sound. What a wonderful suprise for me to be able to see. She is just plain super. I like it all right down to the razor edge. You exceeded even my expectations of you. The knife is superb to me.

I have no group picture of our Alpha. I do have two pictures of one member with supporting Afgan force. I am not allowed to post either of the two here but have been given permission to share amongst us participants by email. I or one of us is also asked to block the eyes out of all within the photos.

RL

Handles feel good huh? :D :D On the back of the sheath I molded in what steel it is and my email address and to keep her oiled. Glad to have you finally see my work. You were a mentor to me (so was the whole shoptalk!) and we have come a long way my friend.

Brian, your handle work teaches me a bit. You are very well on way. We must, as my teachers insisted I start doing, get you to begin tapering your tangs.

OKAY ALL, I just got an email saying to me that I may be able to post certain pictures so long as identity is obscured. I sent back a request for confirmation just to be sure I do not misunderstand. On the other hand I can email untouched to all us involved so long as we trust each not to publish.

RL

I got an email from my guy and he would not like his name mentioned in the Blade article for reason he could not tell me. I can respect that and feel others will feel the same. He is doing well and has been very busy. Please be careful how this thing gets published to the public.
Scott

I concur Scott. I am jealously protective and trust all us will continue to be.

EDIT: I just sent off an email for advisement on what we might get or not get from them for possible publication and for the limitations that should be imposed upon any possible photograph and comment. The buck stops with them, not me or us here or Blade.

RL

A very quick responce I just received and I will post most of the last two paragraphs of it for all us:
------------

"No matter how many times I read it the letters and words from all
the people involved in this project just fills me with
pride at what they are giving to a bunch of unknown
soldiers on the other side of the world.

Tell Brian to keep an eye on his in box..I'll make
sure he gets some pics tonight."
--------------

Chokes me up.

RL

I will blurr the faces before the images leave my email. Not that I dont trust this group I just dont trust the internet. I would hate for an image to get into the wrong hands on account of our project. Hope you understand. If you think unedited between the group is okay I'll share unedited. Advise.

Taper Tangs! Man - thats added work :D I'll need to figure out how to get the bolts lined up first ;)

My vote is black it out before sending Brian (just as if you were sending to a newspaper). All us are getting photos from their recipients. Best to err on the conservatve side (my thoughts).

I am happy you will be getting photo(s) for Blade. You have worked hard on that end of this, not to mention your fine knife too.

RL

will do ;) Well off to the shop on this beautiful morning in NC. Looks like were making prgress on this and I am proud ;)

blgoode said:
here are some images. Please speak up if you recognise your knife :D

The second and fifth photos have by knife (sheath) on the soldier's hip. They were among the photos he sent me.

Sure, even though you can't see it well. I don't have anything resembling a good photo either. What more info do you need from me?

I am working on a shadow box. Hopefully I can get better photos in the future.

Back