Tanto PM2!!

Blade HQ exclusive tanto para 2? I'd buy it even though it would be out of my comfortable price range. Tantos come in handy for me at work.

Still torn. This is the best tanto period. Multi-holes and comp-lock would only detract.

Kh8URrL.jpg

I wish Spyderco would give some more information on if they're going to pursue it or not. Showing off that prototype tanto pm2 then nothing since.

Yes please! Seems like it would be very doable for spyderco as its just a blade swap and not an entirely new knife. Come on Sal and Eric! Let's get this ball rolling!

Mike

Imo the tanto PM2 would be a good balance between the PM2 model and the Shaman. I personally like something with more robust blade stock while still keep the slim handle & blade profile of the PM2.

I got my first PM2 last year or so. Got it for cheap because it had a broken tip, but I had plans for that! I took it to a local knife shop and had him Tanto it. Probably not the blade shape you guys would prefer, but I love it and it cost me $7 for him to regrind. He also sold me the blurple scales for $20!
4YUGGJK.jpg

oreVOMZ.jpg

PJBsv1e.jpg

Wow I like that. What is the dimensions from the plunge grind to the tip? And the length of the tanto edge? I want to replicate it!

Thanks. I took a pencil and marked the spine where it intersected the handle, when closed. I then moved that mark forward about 1/16 inch, probably less. This would be my new tip and moving forward would make sure there was no exposed tip to bite me when its closed. I then put a piece of painters tape on the blade, representing the angle of the tanto, and moved it around until I found the angle I liked best. Here are a few pics I took, hopefully they help. ~2.75 from plunge to new tip. ~2.25 from plunge to start of tanto
k92qmeL.jpg

rpIvdUr.jpg

A3tdJXr.jpg

in my humble opinion your local knifeshop did a fantastic conversion,what a fine Tanto,and that black/blue is stunning!

Thank you, He did a great job! The bevels are perfect, to my eye anyway. I love how it turned out. I have a handful of pm2’s now, including some sprints and exclusives and this beautiful piece is still my favorite. I planned on it being all black but then I got shooting the shit with the shop owner and bought the blurple scales he pulled off his s110v. The all black looked cool, but the blurple/black looks way better imo.

F fng5 , I absolutely do not like the blurple scale color in general, but I think you did a great job with that color combo, not to mention re-purposing that blade once the tip had broken. :thumbsup:

I got my first PM2 last year or so. Got it for cheap because it had a broken tip, but I had plans for that! I took it to a local knife shop and had him Tanto it. Probably not the blade shape you guys would prefer, but I love it and it cost me $7 for him to regrind. He also sold me the blurple scales for $20!
4YUGGJK.jpg

oreVOMZ.jpg

PJBsv1e.jpg
I honestly like your version better than the proposed PM2 Tanto from the video...

Too bad it’s another exclusive(bladehq).

I wish someone would post a link to where this has explicitly been stated or written. Not saying it's not true but I'd like confirmation.
If it is an exclusive I wonder if the run would be larger than normal.
Someone posted on Spyderco's forums that making a new blade shape as an exclusive is not completely without precedent. The Kahr Arms Delica was a distributor exclusive with a unique blade shape. The Wolfspyder was a collaboration with Ray Mears and is only sold by him or Spyderco directly.

Back