1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    YOWZA!!! . . . What Happened Here??? :eek: :eek: o_O :confused:

We black bagged and locked up a Team Gemini for years in order to starve it half to death!!! :eek::eek::eek: . . .This made it lean, mean, and hungry for abuse!!! :thumbsup::cool: . . . We then gave it our Nuclear Meltdown treatment by tossing it into our Bourbon and Tequila powered nuclear reactor and letting it sit there for months!!!

What did we get??? . . . .

Busse Combat is proud to introduce:

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!

Coming Wednesday September 25, 2019 at 9:00 PM Eastern on the Busse Combat Website!!

The TGULB is the final evolution of the Team Gemini Light Brigade concept!!!! :thumbsup::cool:

It will be offered in three killer cool finishes, including: Competition Finish, BIG DC, and Coated!!!:cool:

Same Overall Specs as the original Light Brigade model but with a blade thickness of only .200". It features a massive tapered fuller that adds rigidity and reduces weight while allowing the INFI blade alone to come in at approx. 20% lighter than our previous Light Brigade Model!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Without handles, the TGULB comes in at a mere 11.8 ounces!!!. . .:eek::eek::eek::cool::thumbsup:

Pics shown are of the prototype with slightly rougher machining than the upcoming production run TGULB!!!:cool::thumbsup::cool:!

The Nuclear Meltdown treatment rounds all exterior corners of the blade, handle, and pommel, for a massive reduction in any possible stress risers and potential "Hot Spots" under heavy use!!! :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup: :cool:

The super deep dish hollow ground bevel allows for superior chopping and slicing power in an ultra light weight platform!!!

TGULB Specs:
    Overall Length: Approx. = 13.25"
    Blade Length: 7 3/4"
    Thickness: Approx. = .200"
    Bevel: Hollow
    Steel: INFI
    Hardness: 58 - 60 RC
    Blade Finish: Coated, BIG DC, and Competition. (Some light machining marks may be visible on both the BIG DC and Competition Finishes)

Blade Coating Options:
    Black
    Muddy Brown
    Hammered Silver
    Sage
    Forest Green
    Midnight Blue
    Desert Bronze

Handle Options:
    Black Canvas (Included)
    Tan Canvas (Included)
    Green Canvas (Included)
    Maroon Canvas (Included)
    Black G-10 +$55.00
    Tan/Black G-10 +$80.00
    Red/Black G-10 +$80.00
    Blue/Black G-10 +$80.00
    Green/Black G-10 +$80.00
    Orange/Black G-10 +$80.00

TGULB Special Offer Pricing:
    Coated: Reg price = $427.00 . . . Special Offer: $397.00
    BIG DC: Reg Price = $457.00 . . . Special Offer: $427.00
    Competition: Reg Price = $497.00 . . . Special Offer: $467.00

Let's Drink!!!:cool:

Jerry:D

TGULB With All Three Blade Finishes.
    [​IMG]

TGULB With Competition Finish
    [​IMG]

TGULB With Coated Finish
    [​IMG]

TGULB With BIG DC Finish
    [​IMG]

Vibration Killing Light Brigade Treatment with ALL exterior corners rounded!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Classic Busse Combat I-Beam Construction!!!
    [​IMG]

2. StoneAndSteel

StoneAndSteel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2019
    That looks awesome!

3. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Oh no you didn't!!
    Oh yes you did!!

SWEET!!!!

4. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Super Deep Dish Hollow Grind!

and .200

Nice!!

MacLaren1 likes this.
  5. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    This is the one :D I think this checks a lot of boxes! Wouldn't be surprised if it's not the biggest hit of the year and that is one hell of a hill to climb.
    I want one with Amethyst brain coral on white liners!

back_inthe_saddle and LizaMari like this.
  6. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006

Will we be seeing this on the website September 25?

David Lennon likes this.
  7. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Interesting.

Curious. Why round the edges of the tang under the handle slabs?

8. Adam Fischer

Adam Fischer Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Just when I thought my kid would be able to go college...oh well...

[​IMG]

ironwagon, vkp78, Riz! and 5 others like this.
  9. glockboy

glockboy

Oct 14, 2003
    Coooool.
    I want one.
    :thumbsup:

10. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to get at least one. I won't be surprised if on ordering day I hit the "+" next to quantity a couple times.

cpirtle likes this.
  11. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Awesome!

Perfect timing too. I like to watch old favorites while working leather so I can focus on work and just look at TV occasionally, and just started season one of The Walking Dead, had to rewind when Darrel was opening a walker to see if he had eaten Sophia and told Rick his knife wasn't as sharp. Out comes Team Gemini :)

I'm in when they go live but until then my Alpha Regulator will be here tomorrow to hold me over :thumbsup:

12. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    What are we looking at in the 3rd picture called I beam construction? Is that a chunk of raw infi that they machine? This might be
    the one TG to rule them all.

13. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    to mitigate stress risers-- as best as one can on such thin stock-- is my guess o_O

14. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    This I cannot resist! Oh man I can't wait!!

15. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    That's a cross section cutaway through one of the scale tube holes, looks like probably the middle one. So yes, they start with a bar of infi and mill away as much as they can to reduce the weight. Strong and light :cool:

16. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    You gotta be kidding me! Sweet lord have mercy!

WatermanChris and hydeinmind like this.
  17. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    This is gonna be super cool!
    Does anyone know the weight of a set of TGLB handle slabs?

WatermanChris likes this.
  18. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Can you do a tgulb-m as well :cool:??

WatermanChris and MattinLA like this.
  19. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Chad, if ya want something neat to watch while tooling~ I got hooked into this series on YT about a guy restoring an old wooden boat. He's been doing it for 2 years now dropping a couple 20m vids a month, he's up to 55 of them. It's quite interesting and I find it inspiring! I've actually picked up the pace in my shop a bit over the last couple weeks because this guy is a working machine! and the things he does with so little is utterly amazing. So check out Leo on YT rebuilding "Tally Ho" - under Sampson Boat Co.
    Yes, this TG is going to be epic! I am so down for 1 it's not even a question. Might be the last one for me for a while, got some new horizons on the way so gotta batten down the hatches and man the sails! Yea, still waiting on a couple other orders too and the Regulator will certainly be a comforting companion to make do with while passing the time :D

20. Blade Boss

Blade Boss

Jun 10, 2016
    I feel engorged