1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    You know there's no hope when instead of thinking "Oh that's a cool release!"

Your first thoughts are "It's here."

2. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001

I'll flag it for sure, thanks! I have to be careful because if I get too involved no work gets done, which is why I watch shows I've seen a dozen or so times.

Good luck on the new horizons! :)

lmcq784 likes this.
  3. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I swore to myself no more TGs for me but maybe not.

PeteyTwoPointOne and lmcq784 like this.
  4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I hear you brother

bubbaskyjacker likes this.
  5. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Especially easy now that the "hand smoothed" isn't really so much "hand" smoothed, as it is cut by the new machines with the much finer cutting head. Literally just a slightly different CNC program now.

hydeinmind likes this.
  6. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I always put a note to the shop to have Jerry do the last pass with 800 grit.

7. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    Huh?

I am very excited to hear about these new machines that we have "with the much finer cutting head." o_O :confused:

Where's Garth??? . . . . No one tells me anything!!!! :eek:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

8. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    LOL! And you didn't even notice this machine was expensed out? LOL! ~ Hey glad to hear the hand smoothed option is available Jerry! YOu're the best! :D

9. Slayer_Slaine

Slayer_Slaine Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Kinda torn, i love the classic fuller on the original tglb and its what i picture when imagining a tglb but then i also kinda like this new fuller. Cant be sure tho until i see the whole knife. More pics please!!

clampdaddy, ipal and lmcq784 like this.
  10. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    I too love the TGLB fuller! I am almost glad the TGULB has a different fuller. It keeps the TGLB looking distinctly original. We can still say that’s a TGLB, at just a glance.
    Bring the pics!

11. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Boss, I'm talking about the fingerprint-like lines that can be seen in the newer handle scales, as discussed and shown in this thread. My last couple of hand-smoothed handles have also had these lines in them, similar to the Nuked Forsaken Mistress seen here (not my pic, or the greatest example, but the only one I could locate showing this on hand-smoothed):

IMG_4332.JPG

Thought you guys had made an in-line change of some sort. Not that it's bad, just different. Or maybe I've just been drinking too much? :eek:
    ETA - Apologies for going off topic. :oops:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    The super deep dish hollow ground bevel allows for superior chopping and slicing power in an ultra light weight platform!!!

IN

13. uGAshooter

uGAshooter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Oh hell, just when I thought I’d bought my last Busse of the year... In for 2 I suppose. Can’t wait!

WatermanChris, duramax and lmcq784 like this.
  14. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Last Bussekin for the year? It only mid-September. Perhaps so. But perhaps not.

uGAshooter likes this.
  15. llcarter

llcarter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm in on this one.

lmcq784 and uGAshooter like this.
  16. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    How is it flippin possible that Jerry can keep making blades I feel I need!! What!! Do I need a third Gemini!! This looks amazing!

17. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    basically, my life here :confused:

[​IMG]

18. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    As for the fuller. pretty cool man. I recently picked up an ultra light camping trowel called the "deuce of spades v.2" which has a similar contouring and is super thin and rigid.

lmcq784 likes this.
  19. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Yeah, that's it for me for a while- unless that BG MOAB would happen then, I just lied again.

lmcq784 likes this.
  20. bubbaskyjacker

bubbaskyjacker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2008
    While I most likely will buy this. The original tglb Fuller is the to which a Fuller should be measured by.

I sure wouldn’t mind if it was an option on TGULB :D:D:) @Jerry Busse