Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

So I take it that these do not come with a sheath? If so, any suggestions for a custom sheath that will fit?

This is a spec ops 8 inch and a really great Armorallleather, with a OGTG in Tanker Gray/Black and a TGLB in Green/Tan. They both fit both shreaths and I switch back and forth.

LLVL1BF.jpg

Just so I’m clear: the Big DC finish is a bead blasted bare metal, right?
Yes. It's a "BUSSE Industrial Grade Double Cut" bead blast, so they use two different sized blasting medium to blast it for a truly stunning finish.

Ok, I'm going to say just one more time before tomorrow how excited I am for this release. Like sitting by the computer ganza style and ordering the second the clock strikes 9:00!!

What is the regular pricing based on, since the version of this knife was never in production before? Is the special price based off maybe a surprise sheath in the delivery box?...like a happy meal

Last edited:
Jerry Busse Jerry Busse
When you say deep dish hollow grind, are we talking similar to what was on the Regulators?

Will these be thinner BTE as well compared to the TGLB?

Will the handle thickness be the same as the TGLB for an overall slightly slimmer grip than the TGLB?

Will these become a standard offering and is that what is meant by standard vs special pricing?

Thank you.

I love it. I've been waiting for this for a LONG time. But then I got to the part where it says "hollow grind".... Wish it came in flat grind, I'm just not a hollow grind guy. Almost all my Busse knives are users and a hollow grind just doesn't fit my needs.....DAMN, I'll think about it, but I may have to pass.

I love it. I've been waiting for this for a LONG time. But then I got to the part where it says "hollow grind".... Wish it came in flat grind, I'm just not a hollow grind guy. Almost all my Busse knives are users and a hollow grind just doesn't fit my needs.....DAMN, I'll think about it, but I may have to pass.

yep, and thickness too. To be honest it bothers me a little bit to know that the weight is just under 12oz without handle. My ESEE 6 weights about 12oz so I assume TGULB with handle will weight just slightly over a ESEE 6, for a 8" blade it's a very thin knife, So I don't know. But I think I will go for it cos I really like to try how TGULB feels in hand

So the Light brigade treatment was only the machined treatment under scales then..?
YES.......However the Blade Grind was also Changed, but was not the most significant feature the "LB" treatment was.

yep, and thickness too. To be honest it bothers me a little bit to know that the weight is just under 12oz without handle. My ESEE 6 weights about 12oz so I assume TGULB with handle will weight just slightly over a ESEE 6, for a 8" blade it's a very thin knife, So I don't know. But I think I will go for it cos I really like to try how TGULB feels in hand

What's undesirable about a slightly thiner knife? I guess lightweight for a chopper is less desirable, but otherwise, the ESEE6 is actually even thinner with 3/16" stock vs. 0.2" (and of course, ESEE's FFG vs. TGULB's half-height hollow plus fuller). I've actually been hoping for a lighter and thinner BUSSE for better utility and carry vs. absolute indestructibility. Plus, INFI should be tougher than 1095 anyways.
So it's still thicker and longer than the ESEE6, has better steel, and only fractions of an ounce heavier. What's not to like? (If you ignore the TGULB being over 3x the cost and doesn't come with a sheath.)

Ok I always thought the TG pictured at the bottom of Jaxx post was the OG. So the Light brigade treatment was only the machined treatment under scales then..?

The Team Gemini has a convex grind. The Tglb has a hollow grind. I can try to take a picture of the TG in an angle that shows the blade grind. If you want one.

Has anyone decided on what the EXACT "DD" blade style and handle truly is?
I seem to see some debates on it here? I'd like to order one for the safe, and one for work...

Last edited:
Now I have a question as well. How limited will this be? 9pm Eastern Time is 3am in Europe. Will there be any left a few hours later?

Jerry Busse Jerry Busse

Usually they're up for a couple days. If something goes up on Wednesday I think I see last call emails on Friday. If you do it when you wake up it should be fine, but I really don't want to be responsible for anyone missing it.

Back