Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. fromABACUStoPC

fromABACUStoPC

Dec 15, 2009
    My G10 version weights 447g (15.77oz), I would say the overall balance is better than TGLB which is a little bit front heavy

Apocalyps, ScoMa and sixplymaple like this.
  2. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    If you desire:
    • a slicey yet large-ish INFI model
    • plus wall-to-wall Nuclear Meltdown treatment
    • with a low-maintenance Competition Finish
    • supremely balanced for your hand
    • that you can knock around without worry...TGULB ticks off all the boxes! :thumbsup:

Thanks Busse Combat Co.! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    How do you guys like the DC versions of this one? I am waiting for a green micarta DC one. I have been overseas in Germany for awhile during the holidays and had to pay a couple weeks late as I got home last week. From what I've seen these knives look fantastic. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

sixplymaple, LizaMari and lmcq784 like this.
  4. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    The BIG DC ones are fantastic. Honestly I'm not sure which I like better... I might actually like the DC better! (I got one of each)

You'll like yours! This run of green micarta looks really good and I bet it looks great with the BIG DC TGULB. I have a green and BIG DC combo in the FHFG INFIdu, and it's great!

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  5. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I love the DC. Having quite a few of both DC and CF, now, it really is a toss-up which I like better. For the money, DC. If CF is available and DC isn’t, I’m great with CF. IMO, you can’t really go wrong with either. I’ve had no issues with corrosion on any of my DC, although I HAVE seen some kind of kinda reddish patina form on one of my CF knives. Not sure what that’s about. But doesn’t matter. It’s a worker. I’ll beat any coloring off that particular CF blade.

boring and fromABACUStoPC like this.
  6. LizaMari

LizaMari

Jul 16, 2014
    My TGULB DC blue/black G10 is scheduled to be here on Monday. I must confess that I am truly delighted to actually be looking forward to a Monday. Thanks, Busse Combat! :D

ScoMa, lmcq784, JACKMANDU and 2 others like this.
  7. Srtr

Srtr

Feb 9, 2016
    shipping notification today :cool::thumbsup:

ScoMa, LizaMari and lmcq784 like this.
  8. COPIUOS

COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Incredible blade...something about TG platform! I would not buy a double guard knife except the TG for some reason! It is such a badass design! And this one is hair popping sharp...no exaggeration....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ipal, CookieRawwr, duramax and 9 others like this.
  9. Munroc

Munroc

Sep 20, 2017
    Oh ues, just received my shipping notification for CF and black G10

10. LizaMari

LizaMari

Jul 16, 2014
    It's 9:30pm and....

Who can it be knocking at my door?
    It's UPS.....and they've got my Busse score...

Crappy night time pics but it's beautiful and feels so good in hand. The nuclear smoothed edges are soooo nice. Yay for UPS delivering it at this time of night!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    CookieRawwr, duramax, lex2006 and 8 others like this.
  11. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Awesome Combo! Really cool colors!
    The TGULB is nice too.

JackTheKnifeGuy, ScoMa and LizaMari like this.
  12. Shai-Hulud

Shai-Hulud Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Thank you guys for all the pics. Ive started second guessing myself on the thinner blade and this "nookeler" meltdown, but seeing the pics in high res and beating the .187" thick bushcraft blades i currently have with a baton, I know the TGULB is going to be spectacular in the bush as well as camp.

I have not seen any "hard use" pics of the ultra light brigade, so i guess maybe i should be "that guy" that does a post of BBWB (Beating Busseknife With Baton)
    But I need a knife to beat up.
    Please tell the controllers of the trucks to show up with mine. I ordered within 5 minutes on go night, and mine is still in the awaiting shipment category.

The blue G-10 is stunning. I was a coward and ordered mine in Black, but considered blue or orange. Next Busse will absolutely be orange or blue.

13. Paintguy71

Paintguy71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Anyone but me still “Awaiting Shipment “ ? These pictures are killing me! But my Pirtle sheath will be here tomorrow! That makes me happy!

ScoMa and LizaMari like this.
  14. KNIGHTENFORCER

KNIGHTENFORCER Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2008
    I think I found my new Fave TG :)
    [​IMG]
    -

[​IMG]

-

[​IMG]
    -

ipal, CookieRawwr, MadMarkie and 5 others like this.
  15. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I’m still waiting. Ordered mine within the first 10-15 minutes of it going live.

Paintguy71 likes this.
  16. Steve in SoCal

Steve in SoCal

Mar 16, 2011
    My new TGULB comp finish with red and black G10 has arrived. Really great knife.

5A9C65B4-0029-4183-A74C-B66F20D7B78A.jpeg
    82FF2422-38D6-4921-8F7A-2A450C2CAD16.jpeg

Attached Files:

gangban, lex2006, CookieRawwr and 8 others like this.
  17. Srtr

Srtr

Feb 9, 2016
    Package delivered! :D

Stuck at work...:mad:

LizaMari likes this.
  18. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Shipping notification received. No tracking information yet. Sometime next week.

19. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I was still waiting for mine to ship but I just received the notice that it will be here the 20th! That red and black G-10 looks amazing. I have that combo on my Hell Razor 2. And That bruiser is also looking good on this model. Now I am going to have to contact Mr. Brown about 2 canvas mutant sheaths for my TGULB and Infi Ratmandu.

ScoMa likes this.
  20. Paintguy71

Paintguy71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Same here! M
    same here! Be here Monday! Sheath arrived today! Waiting for knife to post pics!

ScoMa likes this.