TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

George, I got the table accessory I ordered, but I did not get the old style steel fixing units I expected. I need them for the 2 piece conical clamp set I got from you for my pre July K-02.
The table fit great, good and snug. I just have to learn how to use it now, but learning is half the fun.

George, I got the table accessory I ordered, but I did not get the old style steel fixing units I expected. I need them for the 2 piece conical clamp set I got from you for my pre July K-02.
The table fit great, good and snug. I just have to learn how to use it now, but learning is half the fun.
Okay, will send them and springs to you today.

George

Thank you, George! It's nice to deal with a friendly person that takes the time to answer questions. My K02 arrived in one-day(Fast shipping)and is set-up and working fine!

Ron

Thanks George. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I will be spending more money with you in the future. Thanks for your help with this issue.

Okay, will send them and springs to you today.

George

George, I got the steel fixing units and springs in today. Thank you for the quick support and help. I hate to bring it up, but I need the 4 bolts and nuts to attach the steel fixing units because the new aluminum units use different screws with no nuts. I looked around locally, but nobody has these small metric fasteners. Only special order by the box. I would be happy to pay for the shipping, just let me know.
Sorry, I could not figure out how to private message you on this forum.
Thanks again for your time and help George.
Shaun F.

Any word on the fillet clamps Mr. George? I sent paypal last week. Let me know, and thanks!

George, I got the steel fixing units and springs in today. Thank you for the quick support and help. I hate to bring it up, but I need the 4 bolts and nuts to attach the steel fixing units because the new aluminum units use different screws with no nuts. I looked around locally, but nobody has these small metric fasteners. Only special order by the box. I would be happy to pay for the shipping, just let me know.
Sorry, I could not figure out how to private message you on this forum.
Thanks again for your time and help George.
Shaun F.
Hi Shaun, Sorry I am just now answering your question. I dropped off 8 bolts and 8 nuts via USPS First Class envelope at the post office. The mail is picked up at 4 pm so it is already in the USPS system. <grin>

George

Any word on the fillet clamps Mr. George? I sent paypal last week. Let me know, and thanks!
Hi Gentry,
I must apologize. The double filet clamps were sitting on the desk in shipping and receiving. They will go out USPS First Class mailer tomorrow morning in the 10:00 am pickup at the post office.

George

edited 20 Sept at 12:00 noon : USPS tracking number send via PM

Last edited:
Hi Shaun, Sorry I am just now answering your question. I dropped off 8 bolts and 8 nuts via USPS First Class envelope at the post office. The mail is picked up at 4 pm so it is already in the USPS system. <grin>

George

Thanks George. Great service again! Let me know if I owe you anything.

S.T.A.T.E.S., LLC does not warranty or support sharpeners bought from other dealers or from overseas. This is a business standard everywhere in the US. Why? Because the other company has received the profit from the sale. If you have any issues, please contact the one you bought the unit from. We hope you understand that this is the only way we can stay in business and provide proper support to our paying customers. [This reminder due to ever increasing calls for help on problems we had nothing to do with. We pride ourselves on avoiding issues and inspecting items before shipping.]

George

Last edited:
Broken green crates...just for information so you won't be disappointed. About half the crates that arrive from Russia are broken during shipment. We put them back together using wood glue and pin nails. When UPS receives them from us, the crates are
whole and no longer broken. Just like the original damage, the crates sometimes arrive at the US destination broken. Unfortunately, there are no replacement crates. But, what is most important is, we only have one case of a component arriving damaged or bent. That means the shipping crate is doing its job.

George

Hey George,
dio you stock the scissors attachment or do you have to order those in?

Normally, yes. But due to the missed shipment in August, all the scissors attachments have sold. More are coming in the October shipment and then stocks should return to normal.

George

We have several K02 Wranglerstar kits on hand. For those of you who want to save over a hundred dollars, consider getting the K02 instead of waiting for the K03. I personally use the K02 and find it sharpens just as well. It takes a few seconds more to set the angle than with the K02, but otherwise there is no difference in performance. On the other hand, if you are waiting for a K03, they should be arriving in another two and a half weeks.

George

Shaun, In business there is a category called "Good will". The screws and nuts fall in that category. Enjoy!
George

George, I must be blind or something. I just noticed that I need 2 of those square nuts that the knobs thread into on the steel fixing units. This is my fault, I should have checked before asking for the hardware I need to convert the clamps. I will send you some money to cover the shipping. It should have only taken one shipment. My fault.
For future reference, to convert the new aluminum fixing units on a pair of conical quick adjust clamps to the old steel version, the following parts are required.
2 steel fixing units
4 long bolts
4 nuts for those bolts
2 square nuts for the attaching knobs
The attaching knobs are a bit longer on the aluminum fixing units than the old steel units, but they still work fine.

These major changes to the system are frustrating at times, but as long as it is to make the units better, I guess it is worth it.
Sorry for the over-sight.

George, I must be blind or something. I just noticed that I need 2 of those square nuts that the knobs thread into on the steel fixing units. This is my fault, I should have checked before asking for the hardware I need to convert the clamps. I will send you some money to cover the shipping. It should have only taken one shipment. My fault.
For future reference, to convert the new aluminum fixing units on a pair of conical quick adjust clamps to the old steel version, the following parts are required.
2 steel fixing units
4 long bolts
4 nuts for those bolts
2 square nuts for the attaching knobs
The attaching knobs are a bit longer on the aluminum fixing units than the old steel units, but they still work fine.

These major changes to the system are frustrating at times, but as long as it is to make the units better, I guess it is worth it.
Sorry for the over-sight.
No problem. I'll send them to you tomorrow, no charge still.

George

Good afternoon all, I have been watching this thread develop now for sometime. Great looking system, does anyone know if a custom adapter/stone or file can be added to the TechStudio so that I can add serrations to a small portion towards the base of knife blade? Possibly it could be set up as a jig to be added as an accessory??

Last edited:
you mean use the system as a guide to file in serrations? that would be a total pain with a hardened blade, if not impossible with a file I would think

Yes, use the system as a guide to file in the serrations. The initial cuts would have to be made with dremel and a cutoff blade, but the serrations could be done with a diamond file by hand.

Back