TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

thanks for your help. I have figured out a way to modify the mounting arms of the small table accessory to work with my version. Should be very easy to make the changes.

What I can not understand more than anything is why Tsprof can not make an adapter that goes between the Gen 3 fixing unit and the old Gen 2 crossbar,it's seem extremely stupid to me to make the Gen 1 and Gen 2 stuff and after a year of making it then they stop supporting any new part's for them and mean while people have shelled out a ton of cash for these thing's.

What I also don't understand is even if they don't think the new table with Gen 2 fixing unit's won't sell that well they could at at least for a year make 4 runs of them and do it like an order list system where you sign up to get one and that way it wouldn't exclude people.

I really hope they don't come with a Gen 4 fixing unit for at 5 to 8 year's leave it alone to stop this stupid nonsense that you are having to put up with.

I know part of the past problems with Tsprof is that as soon as they came up with a new idea they had to put it into production as soon as they could without any thought towards backwards compatibility,I will say they make great stuff I just hope they have learned something from past mistake's,I can understand it if a company has made change's to a product over the years and not really did anything major as far as change's go and they decide to release a product that does the same thing but way different that's understandable because you can only design part's around an old design for so long.

I got the first table attachment they made and it wasn't long after they released the Gen 3 stuff and I decided to switch over to the Gen 3 crossbar but then that also meant I could not use my table attachment,I don't blame them for that so much as I just thrilled that I could not use it.

thanks for your help. I have figured out a way to modify the mounting arms of the small table accessory to work with my version. Should be very easy to make the changes.

I love the K02 sharpeners for sure, but the frequent changes are annoying. I have a gen 1 and a gen 2, so dealing with this issue is a 2x pain. I mostly use the gen 1 with the clamps it came with, and I use my gen 2 for all the bonus extras like the whole milled clamps, large and small table accessory, and any new items they come out with that I can modify to fit. I had to modify the milled clamps to fit my gen 2.
The only item I still want that I dont have is the large low angle/fillet clamp. If anyone has one they dont need that is a gen2, please let me know.
Once I make the changes to the small table mounting arms, I will post a couple pics to help others in this situation. I have tried for 8 months or more to get one from TSProf that fits gen2, but they have not delivered yet.

I would like to share my experience about Tsprof. When the K02 first came out I bought one. I was a bit nervous sending hundreds of dollars to Russia, but Paul was excellent with communicating and a few weeks later I had my first guided sharpener. Ive been using it for quite a while now. Last year they came out with some one piece clamps. I thought they were pretty cool so I ordered some. I received an email asking when I bought my K02 and I responded. I didnt know it, but they had made some changes in design depending on production date. Unfortunately, I was sent the wrong clamps. After a few emails about which model I had the holidays came and I was told they would get back to me in January. January came and after a week I fired off an email to the person I was corresponding with and it came back as a dead email. I contacted their general customer service email address and explained my situation using the previous emails. Tsprof then sent me the correct clamps. After receiving them, I sent the clamps I had to S.T.A.T.E.S.

I just want to thank Tsprof and those that work their for taking care of their customers.

For clarity, here are pictures of the Gen 1 (6 mm) and Gen 2 (10 mm) Whole Milled Clamps:
WholeMilledGen1Small.jpg WholeMilledGen2Small.jpg
George

Hi Justin,
Just to clarify. TSProf asked me to send you the correct Whole Milled Clamps to save time, so I sent some from my inventory. If others need Whole Milled Clamps for Gen 1 or Gen 2 (previous models to current Gen 3) I have them in stock. Click here: https://www.statesllc.com/products/whole-milled-clamp-gen-1-and-gen-2-stock

George

Thanks George! However you and Tsprof worked it out it is much appreciated. When I purchased my K02 there was no state side support. Its nice having a distributor on this side of the pond. I hope your business does well for many years.

I didn't know they were making whole milled clamp's for the older system's that good news for sure and is a sign they are learning and taking advice.

I would have to say I like the Conical clamp's the best for ease of use and any of the standard type clamp's,I find they tend to hold onto certain blades better and I don't trust the aluminum not to strip on the whole milled clamp's.

I do think the whole milled clamp's are good for someone with a long straight knife and you want the least amount of deflection possible.

For clarity, here are pictures of the Gen 1 (6 mm) and Gen 2 (10 mm) Whole Milled Clamps:
View attachment 1105311 View attachment 1105312
George

Did you try going threw George to get one,you may want to go to Tsprof direct I don't know why but when I ordered my K03 George was already sold out and I think he was sold out for then next lot he was getting as well but they had one on the move to me 1 week after I ordered it.

I would get the Gen 3 Crossbar and Fixing Unit's because that is what is going to be stocked the most and if they are planing on using that design for a long time that's where the production is going to be as well,I know it suck's paying for the Fixing Unit's but they are not that costly and at least it will help solve headache's down the road for you.

I love the K02 sharpeners for sure, but the frequent changes are annoying. I have a gen 1 and a gen 2, so dealing with this issue is a 2x pain. I mostly use the gen 1 with the clamps it came with, and I use my gen 2 for all the bonus extras like the whole milled clamps, large and small table accessory, and any new items they come out with that I can modify to fit. I had to modify the milled clamps to fit my gen 2.
The only item I still want that I dont have is the large low angle/fillet clamp. If anyone has one they dont need that is a gen2, please let me know.
Once I make the changes to the small table mounting arms, I will post a couple pics to help others in this situation. I have tried for 8 months or more to get one from TSProf that fits gen2, but they have not delivered yet.

I tried TSProf direct for months, no luck. I dont recall for sure if I asked about getting one for me, but STATES did not have one in stock. I got the gen 3 model from STATES and modified it to work with gen 2 bar. It was easier than I thought it would be. I also modified some gen 3 milled clamps to work with my gen 2 unit. When I did this gen 3 was the only version available, or so I was told.

I have a pic of small table accessory I modified to work with my gen 2 unit. I was a gen three small table. It works great now with my gen 2 K02.
I can email the pic to someone to post for me if they dont mind. It was a very simple change to the arms of the table to make it work.

Sw1Dh8UugxoD12Pm9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bqdcbRqTuZmqjZ8n7

Back