• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ten 10" Medium Choppers, Delta 3V

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Behold the glorious 10" Medium Chopper. It's about the same size as our old Light Chopper but more stout and with a more developed handle. These combine a high degree of durability with outstanding edge retention and cutting performance and top-of-the-line ergonomics for an engineered cutting tool that performs.

oQZtHxL.jpg

They're made of CPM 3V at HRC 60.5 with the Delta heat treat protocol that I believe is the finest heat treat for this material available anywhere. This is an exceptional knife with a combination of toughness and edge retention that will blow your mind.

The hand grip works as a large camp knife when held towards the front with good balance and dexterity. When held towards the back it fully fills the hand and offers control and reduced hand fatigue for extended hard chopping. Like the HDFK before it, the handle on the new MC is the product of a long iterative process of testing and development. It will impress you.

It has a forward lanyard hole as used in competition cuts and a hidden rear lanyard hole.

After machining the primary bevels are hand ground with the shallow S grind we're using on our competition choppers that are winning races.

Specs:
Delta 3V, 60-61 HRC, .220" thick at ricasso (the HDMC is .250")
Total length 16"
Blade length 10"
Weight 21.3 oz
Edge angle 20 DPS
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or TeroTuf
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners
Hidden lanyard

These are all “field grade”, “as machined” and stonewashed with tool and grind marks.

Price includes shipping and a very good kydex sheath

$507 in canvas micarta, natural or black
$517 in black linen micarta
$517 in OD green micarta (no liner)
$537 in Terotuf (with liner)
$537 in burlap micarta

Shipping in the USA is $12 and is included in the sale price.

We're offering these choppers with buffed or unbuffed scales. It used to be that buffed was standard, but we're changing to unbuffed as standard because it works better on these larger knives. If you want your scales buffed (it does look very nice) there is no extra charge, just include a note in your order.

The price includes an excellent kydex sheath. Drop loop is standard but if you would prefer you can request TecLok instead. This is a big knife and you probably won't carry it on your belt with a Teklok but some folks mount to their bag and a TekLok is ideal for this.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are TEN knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive.

We are sharpening now. These will ship by the end of next week.
q1cYNAQ.jpg

Xsh6u8i.jpg

xCgVfAS.jpg

6oxw6Dj.jpg

a4b1NS4.jpg

We8rS5p.jpg

WTzmvFp.jpg

GCcBXSK.jpg

0M9oZCS.jpg

NwKw83J.jpg

We haven't had a chance to shoot video on the new MC so here is some older video of the LC that preceded it.

Dan doing what Dan does, with an early LC prototype:

LC durability demo:

^ This has an outstanding combination of cutting performance, toughness and edge retention.

If you get a knife in this sale, please send an email to Jo at jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com. A good subject line would be: "Medium Chopper sale 5-17-19 post #X"

Please include the following information in your email:

1: Your post number on the sale thread.

2: Bladeforums name. (for example "Jo the Machinist")

3: Real Name.

4: PayPal email address so we can send a paypal invoice (or ask about other payment options).

5: Shipping address.

6: Scales Choice.

7: Sheath Choice.

8: Any questions you may have or special instructions.

Once I receive this information, if everything is there, I will send you a PayPal invoice. If information is missing or you have additional questions, I will reply to your email. When your email is read and processed I will send you a reply letting you know we've received your information.

We will have 10 more MC here next week.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Back