TGM vs Soldier

Throw them both at a brick wall as hard as you can 10 times each and you will see which is the tougher knife! :D That’s the one I would choose if I could only ever have one. But really they are both great. Can’t beat the toughness of the full tang TGM and the thinner lighter DS w the none slip grip is great too. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I tried a TGM, twice in fact, but I couldn't get over the feeling that there wasn't enough blade for the handle, so I sold them. I like the Dog Soldier a lot, and of course I love my TGLB.

I'm a sucker for double hand-guards!
TG for me

Hey Zombieassasin, good morning!
I like double guards as well...
I worked in a slaughter house & saw so many injuries...
Both accidental & intentional & self inflicted...
So many that the company had the maintenance dept
put "D" style guards on our sticking knives...

I guess we're talking grips nots guards...
But exposed tang/skull crushing pommel is also high on my
really want to have list!
I prefer the type of grip on the TG.

I like res c handle and I like the DS but I love my TG's so TGM for me. I've actually just bought another one off the exchange because my mom used mine once and will not give it back. I'm 47 years old my mother is still taking my toys away. :D

LOL, that is funny as ****.

What does Mom use that knife for?

I don't have either, but would go with the DS, as I'm not a huge fan of the double guard. (Yes, no TG in the resinguy collection. YMMV.)

Having both, I'd have to say between the two, the IDS. Didn't stop me from ordering an A2TG-M, though.
But the full size TG (BGTG or A2TG) would be my favorite over either the TG-M or IDS. Then again... the TG-P is even more wicked....
But, for the asked question, IDS. Also, when I noticed the blades were the same shape, except the IDS is full width all the way to the grind line at the tip, I was glad I didn't pay extra for the option on the A2TG-M.

LOL, that is funny as ****.

What does Mom use that knife for?

She uses it for a little bit of everything. Food prep, letter/box opener, pruning her roses & personal protection. She carries it everywhere.

I was carrying one day when I went to visit and a delivery came and she asked to use it to open a box. She liked it so much she refused to give it back. I was carrying it in a Spec-ops sheath and that wasn't good enough for her so ended up having to buy her a leather rig with a tin pouch & firesteel loop for it also.

Mom is bada$$, she keeps a bugout bag with 3 days rations and her Glock 26.

I guess I should mention she loves The Walking Dead and Daryl.

Last edited:
Hey Zombieassasin, good morning!
I like double guards as well...
I worked in a slaughter house & saw so many injuries...
Both accidental & intentional & self inflicted...
So many that the company had the maintenance dept
put "D" style guards on our sticking knives...

I guess we're talking grips nots guards...
But exposed tang/skull crushing pommel is also high on my
really want to have list!
I prefer the type of grip on the TG.

I love this Sixx. Gaurds are a must for anyone who really gets after it with a blade. I used to hurt myself all the time as well. It’s one reason I love the TG family of blades so much. I even have them now on my edc blade (a pocket knife, not a Busse) check it!

F9DBE5BC-BE50-4622-8EA9-32D9B2B18E1B.png
EC1CBDB1-6DC4-47B0-9524-6166E17AF39A.png 4E28DB84-A76F-4AE2-B371-C0FC6AA5A496.jpeg

ETA: The reason it looks new is bc it is. Carried the exact same knife for 6 years and finally decided to swap them out. Other one has lost its coating completely and has been sharpened out quite a bit plus has rust spots cuz you can’t always keep it oiled when your in it. Like I said, not a Busse!

Last edited:
Dog Soldier all day, every day, and twice on sunday. The TGM has always seemed out of proportion to me. The handle length and top guard look funny to me with that blade length.

She uses it for a little bit of everything. Food prep, letter/box opener, pruning her roses & personal protection. She carries it everywhere.

I was carrying one day when I went to visit and a delivery came and she asked to use it to open a box. She liked it so much she refused to give it back. I was carrying it in a Spec-ops sheath and that wasn't good enough for her so ended up having to buy her a leather rig with a tin pouch & firesteel loop for it also.

Mom is bada$$, she keeps a bugout bag with 3 days rations and her Glock 26.

I guess I should mention she loves The Walking Dead and Daryl.

Haha that IS badass!!! :D

I love this Sixx. Gaurds are a must for anyone who really gets after it with a blade. I used to hurt myself all the time as well. It’s one reason I love the TG family of blades so much. I even have them now on my edc blade (a pocket knife, not a Busse) check it!

View attachment 785324
View attachment 785325 View attachment 785323

ETA: The reason it looks new is bc it is. Carried the exact same knife for 6 years and finally decided to swap them out. Other one has lost its coating completely and has been sharpened out quite a bit plus has rust spots cuz you can’t always keep it oiled when your in it. Like I said, not a Busse!

Haha, Hydenmind!
Great minds think alike!
Of my EDC's one is a CRKT M21-14 SF...
Oh, except mine has the VEfF serrations...

Also a Wagner reality based folder (I actually used the glass breaker to break a window in a smashed car that was still running in gear with the doors locked...)

And usually my Spivey Sabertooth, or Spyderco Pygmy warrior...
Anyway, very cool!
Have a good one!

FLAR, your mom Rocks! (I mean that with total respect!) and she obviously has
a very good son!!

I'm not a fan of the top guard and my days of thinking I'm going to block,stop,or catch someone else's blade with it in a knife fight are long over.
I like the full tang of the TGM for durability, especially if it's a one knife scenario but the light weight of the Res C matched with the comfort when using it means the DS would get my vote.
For woods bumming, hiking, hunting, and camping I like the idea of the TGM but when carrying too much stuff around having a very capable light-ish and still very bad ass knife means that the DS is my choice.

I'm just waiting for one cheap enough on the exchange because I don't want to sell my last 2 Busse knives to get it.

I ain't planning on blocking or catching anything....
I just don't like my hand slipping onto the blade when I'm cutting some...thing...
It's just insurance...

I stuck a lot of hogs prior to the company installing those D guards
on our Old Hickory $5 sticking knives...
But I still prefer dual guards.

While I'm typing...
I also like something to keep a good grip when trying to extract
The knife while my hands are covered in whatever coloured liquid...
For example, coffin shaped handle, or like the DTBM...

I see many "tactical" knives with grips tapering / narrowing towards the back of the knife.
That is not conducive to good retention, whether fighting or cleaning fish,
or butchering game...

Please fellers & ladies... brother & sister knife knuts...
These opinions are my own...
My .02 cents Cdn if you will...
I don't mean to start a my knife is better than your knife debate...
Nor is this prac tac...

Dang, I just realized I may have done just that.
No offense intended 1Abominal1!!!
(Cool signature, damn Zombies, lol!)

Y'all have a great weekend...!

Res-c is waaay underestimated in terms of toughness.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The stuff is unearthly. I've wailed on my old 711 to the point I almost feel bad about it, and while the blade is showing it, the res-c just keeps plugging along. Short of burning the stuff off the tang I don't know what it'd take to destroy it.

Hydeinmind-
You could throw both at a brick wall all day and more than likely get the same results. Nothing. Res-c is waaay underestimated in terms of toughness. You're probably more likely to crack g10.
ThAt being said, Dog Soldier all day.
: o)

Still Voracious I believe you are right about the same results but not in the way you are implying. My point was that it is very likely eventually both handles would be mostly or completely destroyed but w the TGM you’d still have a “knife” bc of the full tang lol! ;) Full tang will make the TGM tougher longer in a one knife scenario for prolonged abuse. But don’t get me wrong I love the DS and if I was to EDC one in a none one knife scenario it would be the DS. It’s thiner for better cutting, lighter makes it more comfortable to hawl all day, plus the pommel on the TGM can be uncomfortable if you like to where your blades high on your belt as I do. Not a problem w the DS. That also being said, in a one knife scenario, I’ll go full tang and T gaurds all day long! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back