Thank you for the BK62, Mr. Becker

I received my new Becker BK62 last week and I am in knife heaven. I feel a need to thank Ethan Becker (and Ka*Bar of course) for sharing the experience of the Kephart knife, with the world.
I like the “3 knife” philosophy for bushcraft/fieldwork/camping. I’m not a hunter. I have had my small and medium knives picked out, for some time (a Victorinox Farmer and a Ganzo G704, respectively [don’t come down on me about the Ganzo, it’s a superb little folder IMO]).
But my choice for number 3, the large knife, has eluded me and has been frustrating and expensive. I have tried and bought many. And spent hundreds of dollars. A few seemed promising initially, but then would disappoint. I began to despair that I would ever find my third knife.
Until last week. The first time I held the BK62 after opening the package, I just felt I had come home, and every time I have used it I like it more and more. It almost seems like a multi tool because of the myriad ways various sections of the blade can be used. Its feedback is better than any knife I’ve ever held. This knife talks to you. I’m already aware that it has improved my knife skills.
The BK62 Kephart seems to instantly connect me to a kind of intuitive sense of how to use a knife. It’s as if it confers skill on the user. I hate to sound woo-woo but there really is something magical about this knife.
So I want to thank you, Mr. Becker. You wanted to share the experience of this knife with the world, and you did. You didn’t have to do that. It was a very giving and selfless act on your part.
AND I NOW HAVE MY THIRD KNIFE!!

Thats nice that you just recently got your 62 and have had the opportunity to experience the kephart. Ive had mine for almost two weeks i think, and all ive gotten around to do is fondle it and wash it a couple times. The bk62 sure feels good in the hand though!

I just ordered a SECOND BK62, along with a set of the new micarta handles for it! I may dye them.
The 62 is my first Becker knife. I am loving the 1095 CroVan! What a killer steel! I’ll bet it’s great on other Becker models too! Maybe I’ll have to take a closer look at those.......where’s the Amazon link..........

Uh, slow down dude.....watch that itchy clicking finger.

(A little internal dialogue there, sorry. Gotta keep an eye on that blade addiction.......)

I just ordered a SECOND BK62, along with a set of the new micarta handles for it! I may dye them.
The 62 is my first Becker knife. I am loving the 1095 CroVan! What a killer steel! I’ll bet it’s great on other Becker models too! Maybe I’ll have to take a closer look at those.......where’s the Amazon link..........

Uh, slow down dude.....watch that itchy clicking finger.

(A little internal dialogue there, sorry. Gotta keep an eye on that blade addiction.......)
And the flood gates have opened! :D

Started making some french fries with my tuko tonight but i stopped myself before i went further. Broke out the 62 for the veggies... dang, this is one slicey knife!

Crap it happened again! My finger tapped on the checkout button. I couldn’t help it. Now I have a order processing. Should get it this coming week.

That’s it I am cutting my finger off lol.
So I said not another one until later this year but as noted my finger got carried away and pressed the order button.

Well, it is later in the year.

It was delivered today. Not sure what to think yet. It did come with a nice sharp blade.

Sorry pic came through upside down.

49780957898_1fa30e1fb1_o_d.jpg

I know what to think, frickin’ awesome! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Don’t get too concerned, my finger got carried away several times this week. Got a few new knives coming. I rationalize it like this; I’m working from home for a month now, haven’t paid for monthly parking ($135), monthly train ticket ($308), or a monthly subway ticket ($116.50), that there is some knife money. :)

I know what to think, frickin’ awesome! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Don’t get too concerned, my finger got carried away several times this week. Got a few new knives coming. I rationalize it like this; I’m working from home for a month now, haven’t paid for monthly parking ($135), monthly train ticket ($308), or a monthly subway ticket ($116.50), that there is some knife money. :)

I like the way you think. Ill probably end up with another firearm next week with that mentality.

Back