THANKS...Giving away a Holiday knife (2023) (Over/Shipped)

Aw man, I want to be in, but I can't really do it. I just can't guarantee that I will actually put this knife to work. I don't use my fixed blades all that often, and when I do, I have my favorites that I always go for. I hope someone else who will actually use the knife wins this one.

I like the design, and I love that you are doing this GAW, I wish I could enter in good conscience.

Aw man, I want to be in, but I can't really do it. I just can't guarantee that I will actually put this knife to work. I don't use my fixed blades all that often, and when I do, I have my favorites that I always go for. I hope someone else who will actually use the knife wins this one.

I like the design, and I love that you are doing this GAW, I wish I could enter in good conscience.

Haha, what would It be competing against as Your favorite fixed blade???
Just so we know....

It's ok having more than one Favorite.....this site is based on that principle

Wow, a little beauty !
Generous GAW buddy.

I'm overseas and nowhere near gold atm (only had basic for a few years), but here my praise to little knives to honour your work.

ADCreHfZ7T2z8DvJD_bguMA3yEXQi0saakrmKb6Au1XnpoRRm2pCbaHIrOp2N4ZfDZ6uUO8ioEnRE4-E_Rq4C2nKyc1yDBC2nCGLclTcHSffQEAws4mY9OVi=w900

AIL4fc_MmwtxYrKxWxHKb1p52Uz47AhhJOph5f40613c03imrlMuSoAZbDxQ2KVSum2qb6hDMK3j_u_Ylq8wO2Oif6jxMcAHZjly0fGUpzEwNaBGUzd-dfqU=w900

ADCreHea8NaWP0xdUlwapIcxRcJbelh5DmVbdV5jRKbb9wFDTG13UdKLo4zlDZiC5UQrM-6m42_xsOQn9e4Ha4vlaYJdCUYtd08ncQqmt6EvVNtJv1FH1CWA=w900

If you're allowing me in I'd be happy to help out on shipping cost if it happens to end up going my way, but understand if I' m out :D

Next year, make a leather stacked handle on your knives, they're so sexy :D

Goodluck everyone!

Not sure why I didn't think of This sooner???
I just came up with this 2 days ago. Haha

With the coming Holiday, let's do a Give Away!!!

THANKS GIVING!!!!

I'm a slow maker, but I whipped this little one up yesterday, and today. I hope you like it. Still need to make a sheath. It's a little rough, I normally need more time making things, but it's still a good representation of my work. Handmade by eye. Still had heat treating marks, and a few dings, scratches and wonky lines.... It's Beautiful.

It's sort of a pocket sheath knife with a small, but full sized handle. I've never made a two part handle before, so I wanted to try something different.

I made it with a black micarta sort of bolster fastened with my shop made hardware. Made of aluminum and bronze. I wedged the micarta to hold down and squeeze the maple rear end. This should be very durable and I hope the micarta will protect the maple from sheath wear. It's Crazy Hard steel.you might need diamonds to sharpen it. I cut it from an American made Starret power hacksaw blade.

Stats:
6.75" overall
2.5" HSS blade 64-66HRC
Black micarta and figured maple (non-stablized) oiled with Danish Oil finish
Handcrafted hardware Alum&Bronze Bronze flared tubing
Kydex slip pocket sheath

Rules:
1. Must be in good standings on Bladeforums. Preferable Gold member or higher, but exceptions may be made at My discretion.
2. USA, or approved
3. Must be a active member who contributes, and will take photos, and post occasionally so I know how it's doing? If you won't or can't post pictures please do not enter.
4. No selling later. no Flippers. Giving to another BF member encouraged if you no longer want.
5. I have final say, and can give, or Not give to whoever I want.
6. I'm Not responsible in ANY way, don't break any laws, get hurt, or be Stupid.
7. More rules may be added later, as I see fit.

enter Once below in the comments (tell me you are IN) so I know you are interested.....
Let me know if you have any questions?

-Tell me what kind of knives you'd like me to make for next year.....?

I will be doing a drawing on Thursday/Thanksgiving morning when I wake up sometime.... I won't ship the knife out until After the holiday.

*It may have patina from turkey, or gravy, or....?
No Promises.... 🤪
Thanks
Not sure why I didn't think of This sooner???
I just came up with this 2 days ago. Haha

With the coming Holiday, let's do a Give Away!!!

THANKS GIVING!!!!

I'm a slow maker, but I whipped this little one up yesterday, and today. I hope you like it. Still need to make a sheath. It's a little rough, I normally need more time making things, but it's still a good representation of my work. Handmade by eye. Still had heat treating marks, and a few dings, scratches and wonky lines.... It's Beautiful.

It's sort of a pocket sheath knife with a small, but full sized handle. I've never made a two part handle before, so I wanted to try something different.

I made it with a black micarta sort of bolster fastened with my shop made hardware. Made of aluminum and bronze. I wedged the micarta to hold down and squeeze the maple rear end. This should be very durable and I hope the micarta will protect the maple from sheath wear. It's Crazy Hard steel.you might need diamonds to sharpen it. I cut it from an American made Starret power hacksaw blade.

Stats:
6.75" overall
2.5" HSS blade 64-66HRC
Black micarta and figured maple (non-stablized) oiled with Danish Oil finish
Handcrafted hardware Alum&Bronze Bronze flared tubing
Kydex slip pocket sheath

Rules:
1. Must be in good standings on Bladeforums. Preferable Gold member or higher, but exceptions may be made at My discretion.
2. USA, or approved
3. Must be a active member who contributes, and will take photos, and post occasionally so I know how it's doing? If you won't or can't post pictures please do not enter.
4. No selling later. no Flippers. Giving to another BF member encouraged if you no longer want.
5. I have final say, and can give, or Not give to whoever I want.
6. I'm Not responsible in ANY way, don't break any laws, get hurt, or be Stupid.
7. More rules may be added later, as I see fit.

enter Once below in the comments (tell me you are IN) so I know you are interested.....
Let me know if you have any questions?

-Tell me what kind of knives you'd like me to make for next year.....?

I will be doing a drawing on Thursday/Thanksgiving morning when I wake up sometime.... I won't ship the knife out until After the holiday.

*It may have patina from turkey, or gravy, or....?
No Promises.... 🤪
Thanks
That’s a lovely little blade. I really like the join between Micarta and maple. It’s got a bird and trout/ oyster shucker aspect to it.
I’m new here so while I’d like to be in, I have no standing and I respect the rules.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, a little beauty !
Generous GAW buddy.

I'm overseas and nowhere near gold atm (only had basic for a few years), but here my praise to little knives to honour your work.

ADCreHfZ7T2z8DvJD_bguMA3yEXQi0saakrmKb6Au1XnpoRRm2pCbaHIrOp2N4ZfDZ6uUO8ioEnRE4-E_Rq4C2nKyc1yDBC2nCGLclTcHSffQEAws4mY9OVi=w900

AIL4fc_MmwtxYrKxWxHKb1p52Uz47AhhJOph5f40613c03imrlMuSoAZbDxQ2KVSum2qb6hDMK3j_u_Ylq8wO2Oif6jxMcAHZjly0fGUpzEwNaBGUzd-dfqU=w900

ADCreHea8NaWP0xdUlwapIcxRcJbelh5DmVbdV5jRKbb9wFDTG13UdKLo4zlDZiC5UQrM-6m42_xsOQn9e4Ha4vlaYJdCUYtd08ncQqmt6EvVNtJv1FH1CWA=w900

If you're allowing me in I'd be happy to help out on shipping cost if it happens to end up going my way, but understand if I' m out :D

Next year, make a leather stacked handle on your knives, they're so sexy :D

Goodluck everyone!

If you can be responsible for your laws, and shipping I'll put you in.....?

*cause I'd be Honored to see my knife in your Amazing camp photos....
I Always enjoy seeing them!!!

If you can be responsible for your laws, and shipping I'll put you in.....?

*cause I'd be Honored to see my knife in your Amazing camp photos....
I Always enjoy seeing them!!!
Thanks for the kind words.
Half my knife collection comes from the USA. :)

As long as I pay import tax over the value of the package plus shipping I'll be good. (So please don't state it's a $1000,- knife on tax papers ;) )

Haha, what would It be competing against as Your favorite fixed blade???
Just so we know....

It's ok having more than one Favorite.....this site is based on that principle
I don't want to clutter up your thread talking about other knives, but since you asked, the fixed blade I always end up going with is a Spartan Harsey Difensa. I have a variety of fixed blades around the same size that I love, but when I am actually in the field (and I don't need to be doing a lot of hacking), it really hits the sweet spot for me. When I do have to do a lot of hacking, my go to is a Carothers Performance Knives Light Chopper. CPK doesn't make the LC anymore, and I've tried the Medium Chopper and Behemoth Chopper (and I've got my machetes and kukri), but for my needs where I am chopping while doing a lot of hiking, the LC just can't be beat.

I've got prettier options, rarer options, newer options, ones I've had longer, and ones with neat sentimental backstories, but those two are the ones I always end up going with for the past five years or so.

Back