The “High Culture” Movie Thread

ZpEkP.gif
Did you know that was improvised?
Also, James Remar was a Warrior... which is crazy. Probably the only guy on the cast to break good in a career.

Another 80s classic; Repo Man.

Ever been to Utah? Ra-di-a-tion. Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense. Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year. They ought to have them, too. When they canceled the project it almost did me in. One day my mind was full to bursting. The next day - nothing. Swept away. But I'll show them. I had a lobotomy in the end.

Klaatu barada nikto.

Translated by alien linguist Tauna Le Marbe:

klaatu.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s a good one I just found...
“Blind Fury”
If you appreciate a good chuckle I think I found it for free on prime.

If you’ve never seen it, the 1981 , animated ‘Heavy Metal’ is a must see...

“Look, man, if there's one thing I know, it's how to drive while I'm stoned. It's like you know your perspective's fucked so you just let your hands work the controls as if you were straight.”

“I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.”

If you’ve never seen it, the 1981 , animated ‘Heavy Metal’ is a must see...

“Look, man, if there's one thing I know, it's how to drive while I'm stoned. It's like you know your perspective's fucked so you just let your hands work the controls as if you were straight.”

“I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.”

not from a movie per-say
but once heard, it will never to be forgotten
it has a powerful lasting impression
this gem of an expression says it all
in this context, a reflection of man's honest feelings towards any form of bondage:)

Last edited:
To add to the list here:
48 Hrs
Another 48hrs

No really great lines from either, but wonderfully 80’s machismo flicks... and Eddie Murphy, so... yup!

Oh! Also before I forget, James Remar was the bad guy in 48 Hrs, starting along side his “The Warriors” cast member David Patrick Kelly, who played a guy named Luther in both films. D Danke42

Come on, folks...dig deeper...

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn..." - Gone with the Wind

"Here's looking at you, kid..." - Casablanca

"Adriennne!!!!!!" - Rocky

Come on, folks...dig deeper...

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn..." - Gone with the Wind

"Here's looking at you, kid..." - Casablanca

"Adriennne!!!!!!" - Rocky

Of these I’d say that your last one is closer to the high culture I’m looking for. You know- the kind of film you invite your smartest friends over for, and break out the cheese and fancy crackers for. You know... like “Delta Force”.

Of these I’d say that your last one is closer to the high culture I’m looking for. You know- the kind of film you invite your smartest friends over for, and break out the cheese and fancy crackers for. You know... like “Delta Force”.

Ahhhhh...got it!!

"Solly...remember I told I would kill you last? I lied..." - Commando

"Stick around..." - Predator.

Here’s a good one I just found...
“Blind Fury”
If you appreciate a good chuckle I think I found it for free on prime.

Oh yeah! Several great lines in this one. My favorite:

Driver: "What's yer problem jagoff, you blind?

Nick: "Yeah, what's your excuse?"

Driver: "Holy Sh**"

Back