Leather The “What’s going on in the S&F shop” thread!

Well, I can guarantee you wouldn’t want your dog chewing on it. :)

It might work as a frisbee, but you won’t be winning any distance competitions with it. ;)

A few more days to completion…I just hope that the customer will be happy with the project…it has been the hardest leather I’ve worked with so far.

More to come soon!!

I still need to do some edge finishing, but here it is!
This is the first time (maybe the last) I’ve worked with crocodile leather backstrap. It has been my most challenging sheath to date and it turned out ok. What I didn’t realize when I started it was that legit croc leather has bone in it. Seriously. That is a first for me.

This particular sheath is veg tanned leather dyed black. Rum colored crocodile backstrap (S. Africa) inlay and burnt orange thread. All wet formed to accept an Ember 3.5.

The backside of the sheath was a little soft in spots so the stitching isn’t as crisp as I would want it. I have offered to make a new sheath.

I must say, this customer has been extremely gracious with me and this build and has accepted this first try. 😱 So thank you.
I’m probably just nitpicking because I am OCD, but I want every sheath I make to be to the standard folks want.
(When he receives it, he has the option to turn it right back around, as always)

Without further ado…
29E59B45-8E5B-462E-B269-FE7AB93610B8.jpeg36BC704E-EEDE-4137-AD38-4B87BD10FE49.jpeg

This second sheath, for another gentleman, is black dyed veg tanned leather, ostrich leg inlay and black stitching. The outer perimeter stitching is spaced wider than the inlay border stitching, and the threads are two different weights. :)
I’m very pleased with the way this one turned out and I am very excited to have him check it out!

Hope ya’ll like it.

2AD4FBD1-49CA-44AB-B0C6-11B7B91DF9EA.jpeg
EFC97FED-1465-44D3-840F-87974D23B58F.jpeg

This past weekend I tried my hand at my first hybrid sheath. The knife is a smaller knife by jjsmith jjsmith measuring 7 1/2” overall. The upper is CF Boltaron and the lower is dyed veg tanned leather.
I’m extremely happy with the fit and the draw. :)

Sorry, no WIP photo’s. :( I was too focused on what I was trying to accomplish and forgot to take photos.

Hope you enjoy!

68F3274D-B8AB-45F0-9C9C-CAD73853D9D7.jpeg
AA317426-C6CA-420C-A6D2-F1E61A3040DA.jpeg8D92CD02-F4A9-4162-B021-BC3ADA1EF72D.jpegBEE455B3-3E1C-41CD-8465-A097EC1D9D10.jpeg

Thanks for following along!

This past weekend I tried my hand at my first hybrid sheath. The knife is a smaller knife by jjsmith jjsmith measuring 7 1/2” overall. The upper is CF Boltaron and the lower is dyed veg tanned leather.
I’m extremely happy with the fit and the draw. :)

Sorry, no WIP photo’s. :( I was too focused on what I was trying to accomplish and forgot to take photos.

Hope you enjoy!

View attachment 2033314
View attachment 2033317View attachment 2033318View attachment 2033316

Thanks for following along!
Great work as always Coleman!!!

Wow and wow 🥰 Consistently unique and beautiful work. You are one of the big boys of leather work now Coleman! 😎

Thank you for you always kind words, Ray.

If you saw my first try at a wallet…you may change your opinion! 🤣😂🤣😂

Really though, your kind sentiments are much appreciated. Super happy to see you around here again!

Back