The AK Bowie Cleavers Are Here

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by munk, Jan 20, 2006.

1. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Two of them. Great, marvelous brutes. I'm envious. These are with special Montana Elk antler, ( I think it's from Montana) and have handcarved designs in scrimshaw. Bura did both and Yangdu said he did them justice.

The pictures will be posted shortly. Per Yangdu, fresh out of the box:

About 15" Overall Length. A little more than 7/16" thick at the spine.

Bowie A) Scrimshaw depicts a bird, weight 32 ounces, just like the Proto I tested

Bowie B) Scrimshaw depicts flower (s) with a 'triangle' in the center. Weight, 36 ounces. King of Kings, geeze.

The edges are flush with the surface of a cutting board, though of course curving at the end for the point.

So here are the first of the New AK Bowie Cleavers for sale, on special for Forumites. With the antler and scrimshaw, Yangdu would and (will) catalogue this at 275.00 each.

Anter and scrimshaw today for 200.00 even

munk

2. tychoseven

tychoseven

Aug 9, 2005
    munk, they sound fantastic! I can't wait for pictures.

-Tycho-

3. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Me too. She told me she'd send me a copy of the picts and I looked but they weren't there as I wrote. They just arrived now, and I think Yangdu will be posting them shortly.

munk

4. Dave Rishar

Dave Rishar

Oct 25, 2004
    I just took a look at them. (We retired sharks have our tricks, don't we?) They were worth waiting for. Amazing.

5. eswartz

eswartz

Jun 29, 2005
    Oooh, Pretty. (I know that trick, too)

6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Wow. What a beast. I must add that to my wish list.

7. Kazeryu

Kazeryu

Nov 7, 2005
    neat. I'll look forward to some pics.

8. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Man, i can't wait to see the pics. I've got a birthday coming up.

Jake

9. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    AK Bowie Cleavers
    [​IMG]

10. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    My God, they're beautiful! I would love to do a side by side with my trusty-rusty AK bowie.

Beautiful work!:thumbup:
    Jake

edit: Caved. Email sent.

11. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    WOW!!!! I wonder if Cobalt would approve? :confused: Anyone have his email address, I don't but I'll bet I can find it.:thumbup: ;) Just wait until he gets the URL for this thread!!!!:thumbup: :D

12. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Bowie A gone.

13. Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Jul 30, 2004
    Kids, put on your helmets: the HI Lawn Darts have arrived!

I still can't get back my AK Bowie. It came down on the neighbor's roof. :foot: And he wonders why his roof is leaking.

These here are beauties... Hats off to Bura. More good new stuff.

Ad Astra :thumbup:

14. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    One of them is Gone To Indiana:D Look for a side by side review by next weekend.

Jake

15. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    That's a good thought about Cobalt, Yvsa.

>>>>>>>

I love mine. It's not as pretty as these. It looks like B more than A. B has a taper; A looks a little more Cleaverish, though I think I can detect a taper as well.

The Regular Bowie looks and feels awesome. I have one of Rusty's and you know I wouldn't give it up for anything. But when I hold it, I think; It's too heavy to be a real fighter, (not that I fight) and can't chop in the kitchen because it's not flush to a cutting surface.

Well, you can now slice all day in the Kitchen, cow bones, Elk Bones, cabbages, pizza....and in the afternoon you can cut down a sapling to add to the camp fire. If you are ever attacked by a Bear or Zombie, you got the means to seperate them from appendages they didn't want.

munk

16. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    I like the points on those.:thumbup:

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Yvsa, Munk,
    They look great. That is what I am talking about. Almost 1/2 inch of 5160 steel on a 15 inch blade. That has got to be a contender for the strongest knife ever. Great Job guys. I like the fact that they are not the same you can tell there is differences in each to set them apart. True Custom job. I like them very much. $200 with the scrimshaw is a steal. $275 is more inline. It would cost about three times this amount to get an equivalent beast from anywhere else.

18. Kazeryu

Kazeryu

Nov 7, 2005
    ...you're just kidding, right? :confused: :rolleyes:

19. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    Those are sweet. I almost went for B... but I think I'll wait for a wooden handled version. :)

Here I am trying to get out of debt and I keep coming to see the pretty pointy items...

Alan

20. J W Kilpatrick

J W Kilpatrick

Aug 11, 2001
    Email sent on AK Bowie (B) Schrimshaw Cleaver that depicts flower and weighs 36 ounces. Price $200.

J. W. Kilpatrick