The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

@Stumps: I think we're all getting used to the new rhythm and flow. Shots look great.

@LostViking: Here's one my "bikes". Stinking Flikr won't support BBCode from mobile (feh) so you'll need to click through the link.
https://flic.kr/p/KZ7qwx

This bike hasn't been across the country but the saddle bags have!

@BertL: The Svea went across country with me too. I prefer alcohol stoves for bike touring now, but the Svea remains the go to for cool/cold weather backpacking and ski touring.

My daughter has gotten involved in the outdoor leadership program at her college in California. I needed to get her a stove with an "off" setting to stay inside of Cali fire restrictions, which ruled out alcohol. Choice came down to canister (which I don't trust) and white gas. So then the choice became MSR or Svea.

I've carried MSR stoves out of huts engulfed in flames not once, but twice!!! Both times, the owners had managed to get their flimsy plastic pump assemblies first leaking and second burning. Then they just sit there looking dumbfounded as more and more gas starts spewing out and burning till somebody thinks about tossing the flaming mess out into the snow.

Anyway, I gave her a shiny new Svea and she's been using it daily for 2 weeks while we've been on vacation. Learning the priming ritual. Maybe she'll give her kids my old one. It'll still be working just fine. Really the best piece of gear I've ever owned.

The bottom of a lake in Montana.

rKYQinH.jpg

Where in Montana Mark? My sister is in Billings and I have had a few trips out there exploring etc.

Tony...you may be right, but I don't remember which lake for sure.
I think Lake McDonald is a lake you drive up to. There are tons of lakes in MT that you can only get to without a car.

Here is a picture of a lake that looks like it might have a bottom like that, but the wind would have had to die down.
I think the lake below is one I camped next to. I hiked about 10 miles to 15 miles south from the Canadian border in Glacier NP to get to it.

ii9Uw8J.jpg

Tony...you may be right, but I don't remember which lake for sure.
I think Lake McDonald is a lake you drive up to. There are tons of lakes in MT that you can only get to without a car.

Here is a picture of a lake that looks like it might have a bottom like that, but the wind would have had to die down.
I think the lake below is one I camped next to. I hiked about 10 miles to 15 miles south from the Canadian border in Glacier NP to get to it.

ii9Uw8J.jpg

Pure envy

My first custom shop 110 is scheduled to be delivered to me in two days. WOO HOO!

Jim

That looks to be Espanola- Santa Fe area. More toward the northern half of the state. You've been in some rough and scenic country. Good photos. I'm guessing you've done the entire Continental Divide Trail. The last 90 miles is in the flat and different typography. DM

Back