1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by TommyGun56, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    We are out of burlap micarta. We have black, natural, and OD Green canvas micartas, black linen micarta, OD green G10, and pink and black multi-G10.

The Ti hardware is possible. The last couple of weeks has been crazy. I will look for your email. Sorry JJ!

2. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    Yes, we can do that. I just listed what we have in stock. Thank you Christian!

3. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    No worries Jo ... I know you all have been busy with so much going on ... and thought you had mentioned not having burlap scales left ... no big deal ...

I will leave my post in the buy/sell/trade thread and hopefully find someone with some EDC2 scales in unbuffed (or maybe even buffed) burlap that they are willing to part with to complete my set ...

And my email asked about chopper scales also .... but since I found out the scales are interchangeable between the choppers ...

All I will need is a set of matte Ti hardware for each of the MC and the HDMC please ...

whenever you have time just email or PM me and I'll get the funds sentt.

Thanks again Jo !

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Thanks for the reply Jo!
    Hope all is well and the next few weeks slow down for you all.

5. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Does the Ti hardware being asked about also include Ti bushings or just the Ti screws?

Odog27 likes this.
  6. Jo the Machinist

Nov 17, 2015
    It includes the aluminum standoffs. We don’t use Ti bushings. Thanks Al!

gusbuster, Odog27, Mike157 and 3 others like this.
  7. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I didn't think you did but wasn't sure.Thanks Jo :thumbsup: I do like over kill :D

Jo the Machinist, Odog27 and Mike157 like this.
  8. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    Shoutout to Jo for answering all my enquires/questions and just being a straight up kind, genuine individual. For lack of better term, your 'customer service' is superb and greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Xr6x, TommyGun56, gusbuster and 11 others like this.
  9. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    She's got the patience of an angel for sure, I know I've tested it;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Xr6x, gusbuster, Standard78 and 7 others like this.
  10. Jo the Machinist

Nov 17, 2015
    You guys are very sweet! Thank you!

Xr6x, gusbuster, Mike157 and 4 others like this.
  11. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    She has the heart of an angel

Xr6x, gusbuster, Fullflat and 10 others like this.
  12. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    In a jar on her desk, right?

13. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Stuck to the wall with a Shiv!

14. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    Haha I concur. I've sent various emails and even in my peskiness; she never hesistates to be kind and considerate throughout.

15. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hey Jo,

Could you show us a pic of the bright green Tero Tuf being used on the UF scales please?

Thanks,
    Gus

Odog27 likes this.
  16. WValtakis

May 29, 2004

gusbuster and Odog27 like this.
  17. Jo the Machinist

Nov 17, 2015
    Hey Gus! I haven’t made any yet. So far all I have is that Chopper scale Chip posted. Thanks!

WValtakis, gusbuster and Odog27 like this.
  18. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks Chip and Jo. They look good.:thumbsup:

Odog27, WValtakis and woodysone like this.
  19. Gatorsbfd

Gatorsbfd Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Hi Jo, any chance you will be adding orange and blue to the terotuf lineup? Thanks.

20. Jo the Machinist

Nov 17, 2015
    I’m not sure. I’ll have to look into it.