The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Initially I thought around $500.

That would probably go up some once I see it and start getting excited. My high end would probably be around $700-$800.

I’m really (I mean REALLY) looking forward to getting my K18 but I doubt I’ll ever spend that much on a blade of any size again. Regardless of what your getting it is still a lot of dollars.

I have an RMJ Eagle Talon with no practical use, which was 3x or more the cost of my GB which I’ve worn the handles in on.
^This, dammit.

Lorien and Nathan, if you are listening. Please make and actual axe head and not one of these flat, tacticool pieces of sh*t like all the crap you see for sale in the exchange here. While I am at it, please hang it on a nice stick of hickory too. We don’t need another multi edged, f*cking spike polled, tomahawk or “axe” with micarta or G10 slabs like the RMJs, Winklers, GG&G and on and on and on.

A nicely balanced head with your attention to metallurgy and geometry and a wide faced poll for driving felling wedges while dropping trees and bucking would be something special. A 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounder so it would still be a decent camp/hiking tool as well on a 20 to 24 inch stick.

.....and hickory, don’t forget the hickory.

^This, dammit.

Lorien and Nathan, if you are listening. Please make and actual axe head and not one of these flat, tacticool pieces of sh*t like all the crap you see for sale in the exchange here. While I am at it, please hang it on a nice stick of hickory too. We don’t need another multi edged, f*cking spike polled, tomahawk or “axe” with micarta or G10 slabs like the RMJs, Winklers, GG&G and on and on and on.

A nicely balanced head with your attention to metallurgy and geometry and a wide faced poll for driving felling wedges while dropping trees and bucking would be something special. A 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounder so it would still be a decent camp/hiking tool as well on a 20 to 24 inch stick.

.....and hickory, don’t forget the hickory.
X2. Well said.

Back