The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Standard78

Gold Member
Anyone know of a guide that can get a Canadian to America? I am not missing out on that integral dagger.... :(
Buy a van, put Doctors Without Borders decals on it, stop by the pharmacy and pick me up a crap ton of norco because my back hurts and drive on over.
If they can do something similar to this on Shameless, it has to work.

Lorien

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
that song played at every high school dance for at least a couple years, and people lost their goddamned minds. I was always wasted enough to follow suit.

hey Nathan, do you have an opinion on what might be a superior option to these stock blades for my wood chipper? I'm not sure what steel alloy they are, but they took some damage so I cleaned them up today. They're definitely tough
BP5najV.jpg

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
that song played at every high school dance for at least a couple years, and people lost their goddamned minds. I was always wasted enough to follow suit.

hey Nathan, do you have an opinion on what might be a superior option to these stock blades for my wood chipper? I'm not sure what steel alloy they are, but they took some damage so I cleaned them up today. They're definitely tough
BP5najV.jpg

I think 3V would be about ideal

I think 3V would be about ideal

Hey Nathan wanted to ask about BTE of HDMC.
on Behemother BTE is .040" as far as I remember, what about HDMC?
thickness at ricasso is same on both Behemother and HDMC - .275" so BTE is same also or?
HDMC is indestructible knife as far as I know. I've seen you cutting bolts with it.
what about Behemother? will it perform same in same scenario or?
in terms of toughness, geometry plays huge role as far as I know, so BTE means a lot when "cutting bolts" :D

sickpuppy1

Gold Member
Can’t get their website to come up right now, but all their knives are built to those quality standards. I saw a video of him doing similar to a field knife with minimal scaring so a behemoth? Hell yeah. Although I’ll never try it with mine though…..

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Hey Nathan wanted to ask about BTE of HDMC.
on Behemother BTE is .040" as far as I remember, what about HDMC?
thickness at ricasso is same on both Behemother and HDMC - .275" so BTE is same also or?
HDMC is indestructible knife as far as I know. I've seen you cutting bolts with it.
what about Behemother? will it perform same in same scenario or?
in terms of toughness, geometry plays huge role as far as I know, so BTE means a lot when "cutting bolts" :D

The HDMC is a more obtuse primary bevel geometry and thicker behind the edge than the Behemother. However both will cut a bolt. The Behemother is a high performance cutting tool the HDMC is an indestructible WMD

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC