• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

One swift kick in public and he came through? I'd ad the correction "he finally backed his work up by providing a full refund when publicly shamed". I saved the time stamps to show the flow of customer service after 5 months and 30 emails.

Yesterday, 07:41 PM
I made the mistake of buying a knife from his website. it was a nice knife, but some of the cerakote was wearing off so i sent it back for repair. That was in June. That was about 30 something emails ago. I have been promised it was done, promised it would go out in the mail, provided a tracking number months ago. I finally asked for a refund, which was probably the wrong move because now I can't even get a response. Not sure what I should do at this point.

EDIT: Will fully resolved the matter and provided a full refund on the knife. While I wish the repairs could have been made sooner as I really did like the knife, he backed his work up by providing a full refund when asked.
Last edited by shamrock; Yesterday at 10:40 PM.

Hey BD.......he had computer issues, his dog had a fever sore, he had 2, count em 2, hang nails and he was constipated!!! Give a guy a break!
Sure......5 months & 30 unanswered e mails.....then 3 hours after this post he graciously refunds??
Weird that he didn't just fix the knife.
Ugh

Hey BD.......he had computer issues, his dog had a fever sore, he had 2, count em 2, hang nails and he was constipated!!! Give a guy a break!
Sure......5 months & 30 unanswered e mails.....then 3 hours after this post he graciously refunds??
Weird that he didn't just fix the knife.
Ugh
It may have been a big enough piece of junk to begin with that it wasn't worth fixing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It may have been a big enough piece of junk to begin with that it wasn't worth fixing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Most likely you are right. This is the second moonie blade to be returned for a refund, instead of a repair.
Couple months ago someone came here to praise moon for good customer service after he returned a brand new knife and got a refund. The blade was so far off center it was rubbing on the liner.
He wanted the knife fixed, but the moonie refunded the cash instead.
Not a lot has changed.

I got a new update about Will Moon and his personality. I recently bought a CRK Mnandi on his web, and I decide to return it because the color does not even close to the pics he listed on his web. I did not know he is such a person so I did not tell him anything bad about the knife itself and simply made up an excuse and I want to return the knife. I did that to let him go away with dignity. But he refused. So I have to bring up the true reason that I want to return it and he refuses to accept my return again.
When I place the order, his return policy is that all the knife bought directly from his web can be returned within 48 hrs without any reason (he apparently has changed that based on my case)
And I thought I can return it without hurting his feeling. But no. In the end, I had to contact PayPal and let them help me out here.
During the email, he called me a jerk and liar, the one without honor. BTW, I replied each and every email politely, no dirty words period.
I will tell you why I had to return it. here is the link to his web about the Mnandi (was 750$, now he even relisted it at 900$):
http://willmooncustomknives.com/index.php/chris-reeve-manandi-caramel-mammoth-bark-w-damascus/
and I uploaded some pics I took with iPhone myself, tell me if I am overreacted about the color or not. As a knife maker, customer and knife are the most important thing, but he apparently was trying to rip me off and cheating by adjusting the color saturation of the knife.FullSizeRender 6.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
He does drastically enhance the color on his pics, often to the point that his pics have no bearing on reality.
And as pictures are part of the description, it's cheating and lying by enhancing the photo in any ways to misleading the customer. Would you say?

I mean, after all this, I will not transfer a single dime to his account and I won't even get close to considering getting a knife from him in my life.
God bless Paypal and that lovely lady who picked up the phone.

I got a new update about Will Moon and his personality. I recently bought a CRK Mnandi on his web, and I decide to return it because the color does not even close to the pics he listed on his web. I did not know he is such a person so I did not tell him anything bad about the knife itself and simply made up an excuse and I want to return the knife. I did that to let him go away with dignity. But he refused. So I have to bring up the true reason that I want to return it and he refuses to accept my return again.
When I place the order, his return policy is that all the knife bought directly from his web can be returned within 48 hrs without any reason (he apparently has changed that based on my case)
And I thought I can return it without hurting his feeling. But no. In the end, I had to contact PayPal and let them help me out here.
During the email, he called me a jerk and liar, the one without honor. BTW, I replied each and every email politely, no dirty words period.
I will tell you why I had to return it. here is the link to his web about the Mnandi (was 750$, now he even relisted it at 900$):
http://willmooncustomknives.com/index.php/chris-reeve-manandi-caramel-mammoth-bark-w-damascus/
and I uploaded some pics I took with iPhone myself, tell me if I am overreacted about the color or not. As a knife maker, customer and knife are the most important thing, but he apparently was trying to rip me off and cheating by adjusting the color saturation of the knife.View attachment 756818
View attachment 756817

What was the first excuse you used?

I got a new update about Will Moon and his personality. I recently bought a CRK Mnandi on his web, and I decide to return it because the color does not even close to the pics he listed on his web.

Check this out:

WUwkcNL.jpg

The image he sent me:

XHZ3cz8.jpg

So he basically admits that he changed the appearance of the knife in the photos.

Last edited:
Looks lile he is doing exactly what he did here: long winded post about how he has changed full of excuses and bs. Unfortunately many over there appear to be eating it up. Oh well. Glad I am here.

Looks lile he is doing exactly what he did here: long winded post about how he has changed full of excuses and bs. Unfortunately many over there appear to be eating it up. Oh well. Glad I am here.
Many over there are just kids playing collector. A small percentage of them actually care about the industry. I mod the knife_swap to keep it clean and do not visit the knife subs anymore.

Back