The Beast..

Not sure how he accomplished it Tim. But that was the diameter he discussed when he was making that one.

Edited to add. Tim I went back and searched the sales thread. It wasnt a 36"wheel but a curved platen that replicated a 36"wheel.

Ban
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact Send Email

KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Join Date:Oct 1998
Feedback Score:82 (100%) Originally Posted by seionage
36" hollow ground?!? holy crap, that is one big wheel!
Yep it would be a really big wheel and take up lots of space. I used a curved platen with a radius similar to 36".

Data!

Perfect, thanks Sirs! Now the 36" radius is clear to me.
Jeremy, you'd need some special setup to use it yourself, no?

I'm a little slower than some of you on this grind stuff. Had to read it a couple times but now I have it. Very interesting. I'd like to see one of those platens at work.

Yeah I took it all off the front side. It bolts up with perfect spacing for tracking. Thanks man. Just chucked on that hub.

And what's this all for. Well. Full height or saber hollow combo chisel grinds on 1/8 material. Un real. Slicer heaven awaits
2011-08-01_13-03-57_725.jpg

2011-08-01_13-04-13_76.jpg

Uhhhh,,,,HOLY CRAP!!!:eek:

Uhhhh,,,,HOLY CRAP!!!:eek:

So... I had like a lot of beers tonight. Good plan. After looking at this I just have to notice that the blade is basically way thicker at the end than the rest correct? Is it just an illusion, me being drunk or fact? I basically want one so keep the club posted on this special monster you are raising up the tower to be struck by lightning. I am sure it will catch everyone off guard and be loved.

Loverly set-up Jeremy!

I trust that you will use it when you grind my pair. Can't wait:thumbup:

Back