The Beer Scout Knife

Hey guys, Im interested in picking up a couple of the new run on these.

Can I get a PM on where to preorder?

Ive been trying to get on GEC's website, but it wont connect for some reason.

Thanks in advance! :D

I sent you an email

Thanks Mike.

Since there's no SFO's hopefully GEC does something exciting with the cover choices...

Okay, thanks for the info - I was thinking about pulling the bail off and running a small piece of leather in the D-ring hole. Maybe I will just start with what Stonebeards doing. Thanks for the info - I was curious because I was looking at accessories. I'm probably jumping ahead a bit, but it's nice to have everything sorted out so when it arrives I'm good to go.

I thought that my picture of the bail removed on the Gunscout and a leather lanyard replacing the d-ring may help you in any decisions.

Sorry to change the subject a bit but I just wanted to post a picture of this fine WW2 era Camillus Radio Jack gifted to me by Bob (BigBisquit) awhile back. Knife is in excellent condition and he had new Cocobolo covers put on it. It is now one of my most treasured knives. Thanks again Bob you are one of the best. :thumbup:

n9sEDeI.jpg

I thought that my picture of the bail removed on the Gunscout and a leather lanyard replacing the d-ring may help you in any decisions.

That's what I was thinking about doing - leather with turned wood lanyard bead. I generally try to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it rule" because there's been times where I make a change and 6 months down the road I find out I should of just left it alone. Seems like it's easy enough to remove/replace the D-ring. Thanks for the pic.

Thanks for trying Mike! I might still go for one... It would be awesome if the wood was Ebony...

I've never carried a Beer Scout... is it off base to plan on removing the bail and carry bare (no slip)? Has anyone pulled the bail off and later decided that was a mistake for some reason?

There's always the Boy's Knife that's being offered. No bail and no shield. Sheepfoot blade and caplifter. Just a thought.

There's always the Boy's Knife that's being offered. No bail and no shield. Sheepfoot blade and caplifter. Just a thought.

I considered the Boy's Knife version, but ... I drink my fair share of beer and the Beer Scout will get some use popping beer tops. I like the shield - it add's a bit of humor and interest. It's too bad the Boy's Knife version has the same covers as the Beer Scout. Since they are exactly the same I will likely not get a Boy's Knife - hopefully GEC will reconsider.

I doubt they will be exactly the same. different wood, different bone, etc.

Last edited:
If anything the "Boy's Knife" version may have steel liners/bolster instead of Brass/NS. (I hope so)

I reserved one in wood covers the first time I ever did this anyone know how long the wait time might be ?

Back