The Beer Scout Knife

Whoo boy, I'll have my work cut out trying to find one of those. I'll probably have enough saved up for the next one by the time I find a Radio Jack. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't wait for the Beer Scouts that are currently being made, so I picked this up on the exchange.
IMG_4678.JPG

Last edited:
I couldn't wait for the Beer Scouts that are currently being made, so I picked this up on the exchange.
IMG_4375_zpskxmabybh.jpg

Just personal preference but I think yours is way better than the ones they are making now! BS on the blade and the beer on the shield are just not for me. But they have made some out of beautiful materials.

Just personal preference but I think yours is way better than the ones they are making now! BS on the blade and the beer on the shield are just not for me. But they have made some out of beautiful materials.

The Bloodwood Gunscout is definitely the sophisticated version. The Beer Scout is the fun version. The full name on the long shield is a little silly, but people love it. You can pull out a Beer Scout at any social occasion where bottled beverages are being served and people will want to know all about it.

The Bloodwood Gunscout is definitely the sophisticated version. The Beer Scout is the fun version. The full name on the long shield is a little silly, but people love it. You can pull out a Beer Scout at any social occasion where bottled beverages are being served and people will want to know all about it.

Well said.
The gunscout and beer scout are great, in different ways.

Just got my new beer scout knife in the mail...

Still have one from the last run I'm thinking of trading

IMG_1781.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

quote="ndmiller, post: 16730619"]What the brass doohickey called?[/QUOTE]
The previous owner attached that brass snap hook. It works really well when I hook it onto a belt loop and then let the knife hang into right front pocket. Then the knife stays perfectly upright and out of the way of other items within the pocket.
IMG_4104.JPG

I also use this leather strap with a snap hook for other knives with a bail.
IMG_4261.JPG

Last edited:
The charred barrel wood version is shipping to dealers very soon. Just made payment for mine, woo hoo !

IMG_4375_zpskxmabybh.jpg

Yes! The Bloodwood is what I like to see in wood, and that Gimp shield would do well on many other GEC patterns as well. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm now looking forward to a new Crown Lifter in Antique Yellow that I managed a trade on. I think I may well prefer the bail-free interpretation too :D

That looks great Harry!!! Waiting on mine yet, but the charred oak has a look that makes you want to use the knife, get some charr on the the blades!

Thanks Steve !!! I will never say that I Love any knife , but I do like this little knife a lot . It is nicer than I thought it would be .It does have the Standard GEC Quality about it .
Looking forward to you posting your pictures soon my friend !!!!

Harry

I caved and ordered one of the charred ones. I missed the early reserves and didn't think I'd have a shot at getting one, but somehow did. ETA Monday. :D

The Boker version has caught my eye a few times, but I haven't been able to decide which pattern to get. A knife with a bottle opener with beer barrel scales called the beer scout, on the other hand, is just too perfect to resist. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I may have to start buying fancy root beer or something so the bottle opener will get use as something other than a screwdriver.

Back