The beloved Peanut, does have it's limits...

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by cchu518, Jan 28, 2014.

1. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    That is a nice rendition of a peanut and a chile relleno!

2. Groove

Groove

May 3, 2011
    They're especially good at stabbing oysters.

[​IMG]

3. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    If someone wants to put their peanut up, I'll whack it until it breaks........My peanut is in the corner crying right now.

4. Woodrow F Call

Woodrow F Call

Jan 3, 2013
    Carl once wintered in Alberta by building a log cabin with nothing but a peanut.

5. Andya27

Andya27

Dec 26, 2013
    Now that looks good. And the knife's not too bad either. I have one of those myself.

6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great posts guys! :D

7. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    That story's been verified by Snope's by the way...

8. puukkoman

puukkoman

Sep 30, 2004
    HAH! I'm falling out of my chair! Hilarious!!! :D

9. jon_slider

jon_slider

Aug 24, 2010
    Definitely a Real Gag :)

now back to our regularly scheduled program
    Posing for Peanuts
    [​IMG]

10. pinnah

pinnah

Jul 28, 2011
    My gloves are all XLs. I like Nutella. And PEANUT butter. They hide in the bottom of my jar and small blades frustrate me, unless I'm whittling and then I like to have a longer handle anyway.

[​IMG]
    edc-pair-2 by Pinnah, on Flickr

11. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    Witnesses have seen Carl fell a large oak tree with his Peanut and split it for firewood. He then speared his Peanut into a boulder and no-one else was able to pull it out. He is indeed our Grand Poobah. :)

12. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    I did the log cabin thing with just a peanut took me a year to complete this one

[​IMG]

After I learned how to use my peanut to manipulate beavers to do the bulk of the work, six months and I produced this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete

13. CUTS LIKE A KRIS

CUTS LIKE A KRIS

Sep 28, 2005
    I knew that Carl's writing sounded like that squatter we chased away so many years ago!! Still a good party cabin today!! Great Job Carl!!

14. csisland

csisland

Aug 8, 2013
    I don't cut sandwiches with a peanut or any pocketknife for that matter. If I pack a lunch for work I precut the sandwich so I won't need a knife to cut it later.

15. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    I have to laugh when I see guys repeat the old saw about big knives/small knives. Just for the heck of it I gutted, skinned, dressed and butchered one of the deer on my gambrel this year with a knife smaller than the mighty peanut. A Topsey miniature from back in the 50's. OAL open 3 1/4" and a 1 3/8" blade.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Now just hang on a cotton picking' minute.

Woodrow is grossly exaggerating again. It wasn't a cabin, but an A frame chalet. I split a bunch of logs for the deck out back to grill the bear I got with a peanut duct taped to a hiking stick. But splitting all those logs left the peanut with blade wobble. When spring break up finally came and I got rescued, I had to send the knife back to Case for some repair. Case told me that the knife wasn't built for log splitting, and if I did this again, they would bill me for the repairs. :eek:

And after all the good press I've given them!!!:grumpy:

:D

17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    :confused:

18. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Am I the only one who wants to know how Pete caught a baby beaver?

19. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    Binoculars, tweezers and a matchbox. Turn the binocs around backwards, look at the beaver, pick him up with the tweezers and put him in the matchbox.

20. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Not hard to figure out. He pulled out his peanut, cut his way into the lodge. Grabbed the kit through the hole in the lodge, and told the beaver parents to get cracking.